Even better than killer sudoku on paper!
Killer sudoku is a popular variation on classic sudoku puzzles. To complete a puzzle you must fill the board with numbers that obey traditional sudoku rules AND make each outlined region sum to a specific value. The grid begins blank, but these rules give you all the information you need to solve the puzzle!
Solving a killer sudoku puzzle requires a lot of notes, so we worked hard to make the note entry features in this app perfect. A dedicated note keypad and the ability to select multiple squares makes entering notes fast. You can even make combination lists that float above the puzzle and can be rearranged on the screen!
Our interface is so good, you may prefer it to doing puzzles on paper.
- Dual keypads -- no tedious toggling between note and answer mode
- Autosave -- switch puzzles at any time without losing your work
- Multi-square note entry -- a huge timesaver
- Combination lists -- can be rearranged on the screen for easy comparison
- Puzzle gallery -- scroll through puzzles and see your progress instantly
- Quick sum button -- add all selected sum labels instantly
- Quick combination list button -- list combinations fast by dragging over the desired region
- Built-in mini calculator -- do even long sums easily
- Undo & redo buttons -- step back through your changes to fix a mistake
- Mistake highlighting option -- don't let mistyped entries from set you back
- Auto note feature -- automatically remove eliminated notes when you enter an answer
- Two color schemes -- a neutral newspaper color scheme and a rainbow color scheme
- Comes with 10 free puzzles for testing, and over 3,000 puzzles available for purchase
We made this app free so that you can test it without having to buy anything. It comes with ten free killer sudoku puzzles--two puzzles in each of the five levels. There are also more than three thousand puzzles available to purchase, but the ten free puzzles might just keep you busy for a long time :)
All our killer sudoku puzzles have a unique solution.
Bug fixes for auto note.
New in the last version, in case you missed it:
- Cross out combinations from a combination list: just tap to cross out, and tap again to undo
- New auto note feature: automatically removes eliminated notes when you enter an answer
- No timer option: hides the timer and removes your finish times from the puzzle list
- Bonus #160 no longer crashes. Thanks to the users who emailed about this!
I am really excited about the new features in this version! In particular, crossing off combinations from a list is extremely handy. I find the auto note feature a bit TOO useful sometimes, but for the harder puzzles it's a great way to remove some of the busywork so you can focus on the more complicated strategy. The new auto note and timer options can be found by pressing the button with a light bulb on it.
I hope you guys enjoy the update, and thanks again to everyone who sent feedback! Happy Puzzling --Sarah
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Brilliant App - Definitely Recommended
Still working through the 10 games provided. Two in each category: Easy, Medium, Hard, Extra Hard and Impossible. As previously pointed out the Easy, Medium and Hard are variable in difficulty, sometimes the easier taking longer than the hard, probably depending on the approach you take (these take me about an hour, but maybe I'm slow). The extra hard and impossible are the most enjoyable, the latter taking me up to three and a half hours to solve. Killer sudoku seems easier to me since no guessing or trial or error seems needed. The interface is good. The app could be improved if the "notes" keypad could record in two colours (for "can go" and "must go"). Will buy more games as needed and comment again. Well recommended.
Game play is good but details need some work
The game play is great and a few nice touches really help solve the puzzles, such as the rainbow colours highlighting the patterns. In general I really enjoy using the app, but the details that need sorting are 1. I like playing in landscape mode, but everything else e.g. Choosing a puzzle to play, only works in portrait. 2. I've bought a huge puzzle pack but there is no simple way of just resetting them once you finish the lot. I know that the developers won't ant to do anything about this as they want you to buy more... 3. The hints button seems to do nothing at all other than say that you have asked for hints at the end making you feel like a failure even though they haven't hinted at anything at all!!!
It is all too addictive though and for the cost is really good value. Enjoy it and accept the foibles; it is certainly the best of the many that I have tried.
Outstanding app - but dangerous !
I love doing killer sudoku but have resisted getting an app up till now. I doubted an app could allow the sort of scribbled notes I need to make. I was wrong ! This is an outstanding app, very easy to use. A couple of words of warning. Firstly the standard is quite high so if you're used to doing hard puzzles elsewhere you might find yourself knocked back to medium here. Secondly there is a relatively small selection of puzzles at each level included with the free product. To get more you have to buy them. That said, for £3.99 you get hundreds of puzzles and I felt it was well worth the money. One more warning - this is totally addictive and could absorb a lot of your spare time ! Thoroughly recommended !!
- Sarah Pierce
- 20.9 MB
Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © Megafauna software
- In-App Purchases
- Easy puzzle pack #1 £0.99
- Easy puzzle pack #2 £0.99
- Medium puzzle pack #1 £0.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.