This version is compatible with iOS 8 and above.
Get instant access to the Church of England's Sunday Bible readings, Collects and post Communion prayers with the official Sunday Worship app.
For every Sunday of the year, plus Principal Feasts and Holy Days, Sunday Worship gives you the key texts in full for that day’s main service, taken from the Church of England’s Common Worship Lectionary.
It will help you:
- Prepare practically for taking part in a Church of England Sunday service, whether you are leading worship, offering intercessions, giving the Bible reading, or running a children’s church.
- Reflect further on the Sunday service’s Bible readings and prayers throughout the week.
- Prepare booklets, pew sheets or projections for use in a local church (in line with official guidance - see http://www.churchofengland.org/prayer-worship/worship/texts/copyright.aspx for more information
Sunday Worship allows you to:
- View the next Sunday’s Bible readings, Collect and post Communion prayers in full
- Browse by date and scroll ahead to future Sundays
- Bookmark your favourite dates for easy reference
- Revisit recently viewed items
The material found in Sunday Worship is taken from the Common Worship Principle Service Lectionary and is intended for use in a church’s main Sunday service. The Principle Service Lectionary is usually used at a church community’s mid-morning service, though the minister is free to decide which service time constitutes the Principal Service of the day.
Sunday Worship is ideal for following and preparing for services.
The app is free to download and includes free access to online material up to 14 days in advance. Subscriptions are available on an annual basis in two different formats, a small annual subscription fee applies.
- A full annual subscription which includes all NRSV Bible Readings immediately available at all times even if when you are not connected to the Internet. (Offline access to the NRSV readings.)
- Full: off-line - 12 month subscription
- A basic annual subscription where the Bible readings are only available when you are connected to the Internet. (Online-only access to the NRSV readings.)
- Basic: on-line - 12 month subscription
- Annual auto-renewing subscription
- Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
- Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
- Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period
- Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
- Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable
The Sunday Worship app is published by Church House Publishing, the official publisher of the Church of England. For more information visit www.chpublishing.co.uk
All Bible references (except to the Psalms) are to the New Revised Standard Version (New York, 1989). Those who wish to use other Bible translations should check the verse numbers against the NRSV.
References to the Psalms are to the Common Worship psalter, published in Common Worship: Services and Prayers for the Church of England (2000) and Common Worship: Daily Prayer (2005).
- Added 2021-2022 data
Ratings and Reviews
Very useful to have the info on the phone but with the new year info being added so late, I had to buy a Lectionary book to do the rotas. Would be helpful if the new year info could be available in the summer.
Crucial for clergy!
I have used and loved this app every Sunday since I was ordained.
I have just purchased an IPad Pro and I have two requests;
- Please can you develop the app so it can be used in split screen on the iPad?
- Please could you allow the readings to be converted to PDF so I can highlight and annotate the verses?
Thank you for all of your hard work!
Love it so much!
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Aimer Media Ltd.
- 96.9 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with the Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © Aimer Media, Church House, Hymns Ancient and Modern
- In-App Purchases
- Full Sunday Worship Sub 12 Months offline £1.99
- Basic Sunday Worship Sub 12 Months online £0.99
- Full: off-line £1.99
- Basic: on-line £0.99