One of the most powerful music creation tools for iOS: modular synth (+AU), MIDI sequencer and tracker.
SunVox is one of the most powerful music creation tools for iOS. It is a small and fast cross-platform modular synthesizer with pattern based sequencer (tracker).
[ Key features ]
• Modular interface.
• Powerful microtonal sequencer.
• Highly optimized synth algorithms.
• Support of 16/24/32bit WAV, AIFF and XI samples.
• XM (FastTracker) and MOD (ProTracker, OctaMED) import.
• Multitrack WAV export.
• MIDI import/export.
• MIDI IN/OUT.
• Mic/Line recording (using the Sampler).
• Audio Unit Extension (AUv3 instrument/effect), Audiobus.
• Generative music features: random selection of notes, random values of controllers, probability effects.
• It's possible to use SunVox engine in your own applications using the free library for developers.
• It is also available for other systems (see the site).
[ Brief instruction ]
The main menu - button with the SunVox icon in the upper left corner of the screen.
To connect one module (source) to another (destination): first touch on the source, second touch on the destination.
Official SunVox homepage, user manual, video tutorials:
Found a bug? Have some questions? Just write me directly: firstname.lastname@example.org
The answer comes immediately!
[ Built-in synthesizers & effects ]
• DrumSynth with 120 unique synthetic drum sounds;
• FM synthesizer;
• Multisample instrument;
• SpectraVoice (FFT-based synthesizer for warm atmospheric sounds);
• Side Chain Compressor;
• Echo & Reverb;
• Equalizer & Filters;
• Loop (for glitch effects);
• Vocal Filter (for human voice simulation);
• Vorbis Player;
• Pitch Detector;
• Pitch Shifter;
• and more ...
[ Jordan Rudess about this app ]
Sunvox is a serious music application. I am personally running it on my iphone. In the overcrowded world of music apps, Sunvox stands out as both unique and powerful. If you are a musician and own an iphone, you owe it to yourself to try this amazing application!
* Sampler: new controller "Tick length" (affects the duration of the envelopes);
* new example: NightRadio - Frozen;
* bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
I don’t know how people dislike this! This app lets you be creative. It does take some time to learn and to get a used to but once you’ve got a basic understanding, you’ll be set to make some decent songs! Stick with because everything will become second nature and soon enough you will be a master at SunVox! Please get this if you’re interested in music creation as it’s absolutely amazing and the best money I’ve spent on an app. Good luck with your songs!
Too arcane for me ...
& Nov 2020 update looks interesting but I’ve no clue as to what any of it means..(I’ve had this app for years, too..)
Demos sound good, I suppose...(when I can figure out how to load them. The ui is perplex..)
Some say it’s “retro” as if that’s a good thing. No, it isn’t..research indicates this was a desktop port from time ago, fine, but touching any of the screen elements either leave me stumped or feeling like i broke something..
Apparently an external keyboard is required because the “on-screen input is fiddly”. Fail! A half decent app allows me to stick to the iPad only if I want/need to.
Others say “go find yutuub tutorials”, no, I should be able to at least figure something out for myself.
I found blip interactive apps good in this regard..
(Nanostudio 1 & 2, which is well regarded by experts for having both accessibility AND depth (no mean feat) which I’ve found to be true)..
Or else it’s “well, this apps got steep learning curve but stick with it for rewards!”, no, I have no time for numerous learning curves, how many more learning curves are required, really..can’t I just get on with making music, for once?..
Wait, what’s this. Auv3 as an effect in other daws, just added, interesting, let’s try ... and ... nope. No sound, no effects, no nothing. Still none the wiser...
I Have NEVER In My Whole Life Seen Such An Unlimited Creative Explosion of a DAW Music Studio That Not Even Is It EXACTLY THE SAME Software Port of the PC Version... BUT Has LITERALLY NO LIMITATIONS On what you want to do in any software on a pc... ON IOS!! Compared to other iOS Music Production Studios (flstudio mobile etc) This has and lets you do so much more that even a single wav sample size is literally unlimited to the point of the capability of your device. Just Unbelievably Amazing! Excellent Software!
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Alexander Zolotov
- 105.6 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © Alexander Zolotov
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.