SynthJacker is an autosampler for iOS. It automatically plays back a MIDI sequence with the notes and velocities you specify, and records the results into an audio file. It then slices the audio into individual sample files, ready to import into an iOS sampler app of your choice.
SynthJacker supports both internal instrument Audio Units (AUv3) and external hardware synths. You can also save presets of your sampling sessions, including the note range, velocity layers, and note durations. You can also apply post-processing to samples, to trim silence from them or normalize their level.
SynthJacker automatically names the resulting sample files with note and velocity information, so that they can easily be automapped by a sampler app. It also writes an SFZ file with sample information as regions and their root keys. You will find the results in the iOS Files app, in the SynthJacker folder.
- SynthJacker now supports the selection of audio input(s) for external audio interfaces with more than one channel. If the audio interface has an even number of channels, they are grouped into stereo pairs. Single channels may be selected individually. Recordings from an external source are stereo or mono depending on your input selection.
- Internal recordings from instrument Audio Units are always stereo 44.1 kHz.
- The SFZ file generated by SynthJacker now contains velocity information for the sample regions.
- SynthJacker now generates a standard MIDI file of the selected sequence as a side product of the recording.
- Some instrument Audio Units showed a blank view. This has been fixed.
- The virtual keyboard no longer obscures the instrument view.
- You can create a copy of any sequence by swiping to the left in the master list and tapping Duplicate.
Ratings and Reviews
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.