tChess Pro is the high-quality, critically acclaimed chess game with the richest features for the iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad. It's perfect for every player:
Not everybody is a chess master! Most chess games are too strong or just make random mistakes at easier levels. tChess Pro has unique algorithms to simulate human opponents.
tChess Pro has a top-tier chess engine. (Over 380 ELO points stronger than Caissa Chess.)
tChess Pro's Analysis Mode is like having a chess master in your pocket. You can get the engine's "expert opinion" about any game or position in real-time: which side is winning, and the best sequence of moves. Just like a professional desktop chess package.
More key features:
- Perfect for 1- or 2-player games
- Strong computer opponent
- Play against any ELO rating from 500 to 2500
- Integrated "Learn Chess" e-book app (Apple Staff Favorite!)
- Opening Library feature lets you explore chess opening theory as you play
- PGN Database feature lets you download and view PGN files
- Support for 3-stage time controls with Fischer increments
- Position Editor to enter positions from books, newspapers, etc.
- Save and load games; export them in standard PGN format
- Use the Profile feature to play rated games against the computer and track your progress
tChess Pro is developed by Tom Kerrigan, author of the TSCP and Stobor chess engines.
- Fixed a bug where some "Play online" games could get unsynchronized and stuck
- Added a message to explain that "Play online" games are not necessarily real-time
Ratings and Reviews
Best Chess App
I’ve tried a lot of chess apps and I always come back to this one. Clean, intuitive GUI with plenty of features. I love the analysis mode; nice to see the exact move(s) that cost the game, especially when it’s not through an obvious blunder.
It’s great as it is but it would be utmost perfection if it had a 960 game mode. Please add!
Thanks for building this
It has taught me an awful lot in terms of basic strategy and opening moves. It somehow feels like playing a real person as opposed to other apps I’ve tried. A brilliant app.
I basically just use it to practice and to try to remember different permutations.
It is a very good app.
- Tom Kerrigan
- 7.5 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Simplified Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Tom Kerrigan
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.