With tado° you control your heating and air conditioning more easily and conveniently than ever before.
tado° helps you create a comfortable and healthy climate at home. Its intelligent control works to save energy - good for the environment and for your wallet.
For all Smart Thermostats and the Smart AC Control from tado°.
The tado° app is free to use, but you can get even more comfort out of your tado° system by activating the Auto-Assist Skill. Auto-Assist enhances Geofencing and Open Window Detection by automatically applying the most efficient settings.
For Auto-Assist, we offer the following subscriptions:
€2.99 / month*
€24.99 / year*
* Prices displayed are in Euros (€), actual charges might be converted to local currency depending on your country of residence.
The subscription amount will be charged to your iTunes account. The subscription will automatically renew unless canceled at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. If not cancelled, your account will be charged the above mentioned amount for the renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period.
You can cancel your subscription anytime within the tado° app or in your iTunes account settings.
For more information:
Terms and Conditions
• Various UI, stability and performance improvements.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
I like several other people did a lot of research before opting for Tado. Hive and Nest apps get pretty poor reviews in the App Store and I was keen to understand why. I wanted a robust geofenced solution with the option to integrate with HomeKit if necessary. Tado was the only option that fits the bill. I was also keen to avoid overly ‘clever’ learning systems that would try to anticipate movements invariably getting things wrong. Tado provide a logical approach to heating based on a schedule combined with (multiple) device locations and manual overrides providing an extremely flexible solution.
I have no experience in central heating systems and have an elderly system with two independent underfloor heating zones. The system is over 20 years old. Needless to say Tado support was excellent in identifying the old thermostats and providing the necessary installation instructions. It was super simple to install, in fact the Extension Kit simply pushed on to the existing programmer backplate without any rewriring.
Geofencing seems to work like magic ensuring the house is warm on arrival but heating is turned off when we go out. The various graph views are indispensable for a getting a temperature profile throughout the day. 10/10.
Not bad but app not really thought through for real life!
Have been using Tado for 1 year. Mainly very impressed indeed. Best feature is undoubtedly Tado's ability to maintain constant temperature throughout house. Still, I am surprised that the following 2 things do not make it to the list of things needing attention.
1) There is no scope for creating 2 or more timing set ups for the whole house. For example I have one timing programme for the whole house during a normal working week, but then need a totally different set up for holiday periods. I also ideally need a further set up for when my kids are home from uni but I am still at work. What happens in practice is that I dare not lose all my timings for the most common set up, so I keep that set-up but then end up manually controlling the whole house during holiday times! I think you will agree that is a very bizarre scenario given how easy it would be for you to add several more programmable schedules to the app. In our case it isn't possible to use the GEO location option for a family because in practice you can't rely on teenagers having their phones (a) with them and (b) charged.
2) The noise of the thermostats is enough to wake a light sleeper. This never gets mentioned in your literature. For some this renders thermostats pointless in a bedroom, and for other such as myself means that I have to artificially work round the problem by setting switch on times to later than desired.
Life Changing - With Caveats
We live in a big old house that, until now, has been controlled by switching the heating on or off. No thermostat.
It gets pretty cold here in Scotland over the winter months, and we’ve got a couple of young children, so being able to keep their rooms a little warmer during the night is amazing.
And the level of control that we now have across the entire house is incredible -I finally feel as though I’m in control of the heating in my house.
I started with a couple of valves, and have wound up doing the whole house - got eight or nine of them now. Despite all my glowing praise, installation for each of the devices was never straightforward. There were calls to support, who had to dial in to reset things, and then there was the language barrier between (I think)Spanish support engineers and Scottish me.
Also, I had to improvise the valve installation, using bits of folded paper to make the valve adaptors fit my Danfoss valve connectors. That said, once it’s done, it’s done, and I really, heartily recommend Tado.
- tado GmbH
- 100.1 MB
Requires iOS 12.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2014-2020 tado GmbH
- In-App Purchases
- Auto-Assist - Monthly Plan £2.99
- App Upgrade (UK)
- Auto-Assist - Yearly Plan £24.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.