Scan. Analyse. Improve.
TargetScan is a specifically designed application for scoring your cards. This innovative tool will not only calculate the score but also analyse your shooting group providing essential statistics that will enable continuous improvement.
• Instant score (with inner tens and decimal scoring)
• Automatic pattern and shots recognition
• Eagle Eye for inspection of close shots (you can refine the shot location)
• Near-scoring gauge accuracy (0.2÷0.5 mm depending on the bullet profile)
SHOOTING GROUP ANALYSIS
• Mean Point of Impact (MPI) – the centre of the group: windage and elevation
• Mean Radius, Extreme Spread – to measure your grouping
• Summary Target Plot with all shots in the session
• Potential Score – check how many points you could gain by bringing the group to the centre
• Heat map showing error patterns over longer periods of time
• Charts showing score, group parameters for multiple sessions
• Print a detailed session report straight from your iPhone using AirPrint
• Email session summary with the pdf report attached
• Post to Facebook and Twitter
• Data export to CSV file
• Keep track of all your sessions and monitor progress
• Add notes to your sessions and empty your drawer – you will always be able to review past results
"A great tool for getting people to see their shot fall and make adjustments. Good fun as well."
– S7evie P, NSRA Club Instructor, UK
"This is without a doubt the best shooting app I've used and I will continue to use. Best value for money as well, you get all the benefits of a fully blown professional training system for a tiny fraction of the price."
– Dusan Jakic, Slovenia
"This app has helped bring our shooters' scores from embarrassing to respectable in just a few short weeks."
– North of 68, Couch, Canada's Arctic
"This App has helped me identify my shooting patterns and is a great tool. It has revitalised my enthusiasm in the sport. Love it."
– FridayB111, Australia
TargetScan supports over 160 disciplines, including:
Air Pistol (4.5mm):
・NSRA 6yd (Air 8)
・NSRA 10m (Air 4/89)
・NSRA 10m - Rapid Fire (Air 10/97)
Air Rifle (4.5mm):
・NSRA 6yd (Air 7)
・NSRA 10m (Air 1/89, Air 2/89, Air 3/89)
Pistol (.22", 9mm, .32/.38/.45 ACP SWC):
・NSRA 20yd - (PL12, PL14, PL15)
・NSRA 15/20/25yd - prone (1510/2010/2510 B.M./89)
・NSRA 50yd (M.M. 8)
・NSRA 50m (M.M. 13/89)
For a full list please go to https://targetshootingapp.com/wiki/Supported_disciplines/
Have questions, problems, or feedback? Reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Analyse your old targets today and see your performance improve immediately!
• Reorganise DSB disciplines for users in Germany (you can search by Kennzahl)
• Fix pattern detection issue for GB 10m Air Pistol (14x14cm)
Ratings and Reviews
This app has really helped my shooting
I shoot air pistol and rifle and use TargetScan to log every practice and competition card I shoot. There is no better way to log performance with different guns and disciplines.
The heat map and charts features allow me to track trends over time which would not be noticeable with paper or spreadsheet logging.
I can easily know if I am losing points by the sights being off and can make an accurate change to elevation or windage based on info from TargetScan.
Other reviewers complain about the app’s failure to recognise shot holes sometimes. This sometimes happens but it is usually due to lighting conditions or not photographing the full black aiming mark. However it could not be easier to add missing shots or move misplaced ones.
On one occasion I had a problem with air rifle targets. The developer was really quick to respond and soon established that I was using some out dated practice cards from my club which had different dimensions from the current Issf standard. I switched to up to date cards and the problem disappeared.
No matter what your shooting interests you will almost certainly find the targetry you use in TargetScan.
The pro version is well worth having and a very low cost if you are serious about your target shooting.
Definitely worth a punt
I wasn’t sure how well this work, especially for the price. I’ve found it really helpful for tracking and comparing different air rifle pellets during testing e.g. head size, weight, make etc.
It does sometimes struggle to pick up the holes (especially tightly packed ones), but this isn’t surprising and the manual placement is handy to correct it.
I’m impressed with the analytical side to it, particularly the running averages and mean radii and all to one decimal place too.
I’ve invested in a massive pack of compatible paper targets now and look forward to many a shooting session and hopefully some progress.
It might seem a little steep in price initially, but I’ve found it really useful.
Works really well
I saw this software used by my daughter's coaches. Having downloaded it to track her progress and my own (mainly 25 yard targets), the software is easy to set up for two shooters and to scan targets using the iPad and iPhone cameras. For some close groups (50m cards), you may need to retake the image 2 or 3 times. However, the software capture is usually very accurate on the first take.
The tracked session groups and the elevation and windage measurements are all great to help to help correct sights and position.
I bought the additional software to support multiple sessions. This is a great piece of kit to support any novice, club or national shooter.
Developer Response ,
It's great to hear you find the App helpful. For close groups it usually faster to move shots incorrectly identified on the preview rather than scan the target again: http://targetshootingapp.com/wiki/Editing_shot_location
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Deep Scoring Ltd
- 15.5 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with the Apple M1 chip.
English, Czech, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Spanish, Swedish
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- © 2011-2020 Deep Scoring Ltd
- In-App Purchases
- Patron of the App £5.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.