The MIT Technology Review Magazine app allows readers to easily access beautiful TR magazine content on any mobile device.
* Read each magazine issue and browse past issues
* Receive alerts when new issues become available, or if there’s coverage on technologyreview.com that may be of interest to you
* Read articles off line and bookmark long reads to finish later
The app is free to download. Print+Digital subscribers receive unlimited access, and new issues are delivered bi-monthly.
Readers can purchase a subscription for 12 months access from the app store. Subscribing in this way does not include unlimited access to content on technologyreview.com.
• Your subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current subscription period
• You will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period, for the same duration and at the current subscription rate for that product
• You can manage your subscriptions and turn off auto-renewal by going to your Account Settings after purchase
• No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period. This does not affect your statutory rights
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when you purchase a subscription
• The app may offer a free trial. At the end of the free trial period, the full price of the subscription will be charged thereafter. Cancellations must occur 24 hours before the end of the subscription period to avoid being charged. Visit http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4098 for more information.
The subscription will include the current issue if you do not already own it and subsequently published future issues. Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
Readers can also buy single-issues from within the app itself. Users who have trouble accessing may contact customer service at https://www.technologyreview.com/help/
Please read our Terms of Service at: https://www.technologyreview.com/about/terms-of-service/
Fixed a bug which caused the status bar to sometimes have the wrong color.
Fixed a bug with rich push notifications using a weblink that didn't load correctly.
Fixed a bug with the way certain table-of-contents images display.
Fixed a bug which caused the inline webviewers to not load.
Fixed several crashes in the reader.
Please note the minimum OS requirement is now iOS 13.
Ratings and Reviews
Fairly basic but functional
It’s a very simple app, and in that sense it does what it is meant to do. It displays each magazine as an issue and you can then move through the articles.
It doesn’t, unfortunately, have any more sophisticated features than that, which you might expect of an app like this. Other magazine-type apps I use have options to change the font size, and have reader modes, dark modes, text-to-speech, etc. This doesn’t seem to have any of those, which is a shame both for general use but especially from an accessibility standpoint.
Really poor app
I purchased a 12 month subscription to this last year and still have many months remaining. Yet the app won’t recognise me and keeps prompting me to purchase the issues.
I am absolutely dumbfounded that an institute as prestigious as MIT would associate its brand with this rather broken app
For a while I have been waiting for this app. I love reading the review and I pay to read the excellent articles. But this is useless bordering on the insulting...... How can the tech review have an app worse than the economist or the times
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Technology Review, Incorporated
- 14.6 MB
- Magazines & Newspapers
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- MIT Technology Review © 2019
- In-App Purchases
- Tech Review £49.99
- Nov/Dec 2021 £8.99
- Sep/Oct 2021 £8.99
- Jan/Feb 2021 £8.99
- Mar/Apr £8.99
- Nov/Dec 2019 £8.99
- Jul/Aug 2021 £8.99
- Jul/Aug 2019 £8.99
- Sep/Oct 2020 £8.99
- Nov/Dec 2020 £8.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.