This app is perfect for vlogging, making explainer videos, practising speeches, recording self-tapes, creating video resumes and much more.
Here's how it works...
You read from a script while filming yourself in high definition. The teleprompter (or Autocue) script scrolls next to the camera lens to ensure you are looking directly into the camera at all times. Simply read and record!
Scripted Video is free for scripts of up to 750 characters and works across all iOS devices. For longer scripts you need a one-off in-app purchase. This app does NOT require a monthly or annual subscription.
Here are some of the features:
* Record videos in ultra high definition (UHD) using the front and rear-facing cameras on supported devices.
* Tap the script to manage and share multiple teleprompter scripts across different iOS devices.
* Import your scripts from Dropbox, Google Drive, OneDrive or iCloud in .doc, .docx, .txt, .rtf, .pdf formats.
* Format your scripts in Rich Text to make them easier to read.
* Set a countdown to get into position and a countdown to automatically end recording.
* Record your video in landscape or portrait.
* Automatically add subtitles to your videos.
* Add an image or logo to your videos after recording
* Record sound in stereo (using compatible microphones)
* Control the app with a Bluetooth device / Apple Watch. This includes starting and stopping recording and controlling the script scrolling.
* Tap the screen to manually set the exposure, tap and hold for AE Lock, pinch the screen to zoom.
* Mirror the script for use in a teleprompter device.
* Display a 3x3 grid to help you position yourself.
* Adjust the font size and scrolling speed.
Fixed an issue with using Bluetooth remote controls.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Effective and easy to use – highly recommended.
This is a great prompting app – really straightforward and easy to use – I was up and running straight away and as quickly as I wanted to be without any issues, having imported some text as my script. I was underway recording my piece to camera – a short 45 second video - really easily (the re-takes due to fluffing lines is another matter…).
The flexibility of the settings in terms of the size and layout of the script, control of scroll speed – they’re all really good features and all together make it just really easy and simple to use. And my final single-take, fairly close head shot piece to camera appeared fluid and quite seamless, with a natural eyeline.
I was encouraged by the other positive reviews – I can now add to those quite happily - and also by the developer’s responses to some of the queries – Phil’s use of “I” rather than “we” made me think there was a real person who would respond if I did have any issues (I didn’t) rather than a faceless organisation’s impersonal help desk.
Can definitely recommend this app.
Developer Response ,
Hi Kate, thank you so much for taking the time to write this lovely review. 😄
Good but could be great!
This is a great app. Having tried a few similar apps I kept going back to this one. Many others over complicate things. But it has a few issues that I hope it’s developer looks into.
1. Files support has limited amount. So if you have lots of documents in Google Drive it will not show you them all. Putting the file that is outbid the top list into a folder is a work around but id rather have the full list available.
2. Resync edited google docs would be nice to them be able to update your script instead of downloading it again.
3. IPad support needs improvements. The video capture is full screen so it’s hard to adjust your shot when the left and right sides are cropped. Copy how the stock camera app does iPad landscape full view with borders and maybe have a toggle in settings to have it uncropped or full screen view.
4. Has a setting to override sound output. So you can keep your mic plugged in but still have the ability to watch your video back to check audio levels.
5. Option to Display audio recording levels. This doesn’t have to be too fancy, just to visibly see that the microphone is working without the need to do a recording first.
I hope its developer considers these important missing features.
Fantastic! Super user-friendly
I needed a solution quickly and tried this one. Within about 6 minutes, I’d recorded my first video. Totally understandable that one would pay for longer scripts - that makes commercial sense. The prompts are helpful, the layout really easy to use. Exports tour video to camera roll without issue. Really impressed! Exactly what I was after. Thank you!
- Norton Five Ltd
- 70.1 MB
- Photo & Video
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © Norton Five Ltd
- In-App Purchases
- Removal of length limit for all scripts £11.99
- Long scripts and add images £14.99
- Import image or logo £3.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.