Use real science from NASA to cultivate life on desolate planets. Think you have what it takes to bring a dead planet to life? Can you settle the stars?
Explore space and terraform new worlds in this immersive idle planet building simulator rooted in real science. TerraGenesis dynamically animates entire planets with changing biospheres, all based on real data from NASA.
The universe is your playground in TerraGenesis! With idle gameplay you can cultivate real planets in our solar system, planets created just for TerraGenesis and even alien worlds! When the world is in your hands, the possibilities are truly endless. If you’re a fan of astronomy, idle games, or resource management games, you will love Terragenesis! Download and start terraforming today!
BUILD A PLANET
- Join one of four interstellar Factions, each with different benefits for building interstellar settlements
- Build entire worlds one step at a time, by creating pressurized habitats for your settlers so they can survive in hostile environments
- Terraform your planet to support human life by managing specific resources of each world, including air pressure, oxygen, sea levels, and biomass
- Melt ice caps to create planet-wide oceans and seed the planet with life
- Track your civilization’s idle progress and your world’s current status with the Stats Summary Page
DISCOVER PLANETS & MOONS
- Learn astronomy and settle planets from our solar system, including Mercury, Venus, Earth & Mars!
- Terraform orbital satellites, including The Moon as well as the Moons of Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus and Neptune
- Build civilizations on fictional planets, including Bacchus, Ragnarok, Pontus, Lethe and Boreas
- Terraform Dwarf Planets, including Ceres, Pluto, Charon, Makemake, Eris and Sedna
- Discover lost secrets on Trappist-1 planets, including Damu, Aja, Huanca, Ruaumoko, Asintmah, Ostara, Aranyani
- Travel through time in the Historical Earths campaign, including Vaalbara, Rodinia, Cambria, Cretacea, Dania, Chibania, and Ultima
- Generate random worlds with complete surface and elevation maps, unique starting conditions and more
- Start with 26 different phyla and add 64 unique genes to create all kinds of amazing organisms to inhabit your world
- Manage your lifeforms as they thrive in both terrestrial and aquatic biospheres
ENCOUNTER ALIEN POPULATIONS
- Discover distant planets in outer space with thriving alien civilizations.
- Choose between making peace or conquering the alien lifeforms.
- Carry out dozens of missions and build your new world based on your alien strategy.
DEFEND FROM ASTEROIDS
- Save your civilization and protect your flourishing planet from the threat of an asteroid attack
- Build a planetary defense network to detect giant asteroids in space, initiate missions to destroy the threat, change the asteroid’s course or develop new strategies to survive certain doom.
BUILD YOUR OWN FLAT EARTH
- Insanity now comes with an on/off switch; flick a switch to turn existing worlds flat.
- Build a flat earth or build other flat planets from our solar system or throughout the universe!
- Hilarious random events unique to flat earth mode!
TerraGenesis is free to play and as an indie game; it was important to us that all in-app purchases are entirely optional and not required for a full and complete experience.
Enjoying TerraGenesis? Learn more!
Get ready to reap the rewards of terraforming! With our latest update you can earn awesome prizes for daily play! Plus, We’ve made a bunch of behind-the-scenes enhancements and bug fixes based on the feedback that you provided. Thanks for playing and as always, happy terraforming!
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Good game all around
First off I will preface this by saying I’m only working on my first planet for now but I will say from my experience the game is very good especially considering purchases are entirely optional and the game itself is free
However, somethings could definitely be improved on such as the graphics of the water when trying to build a new colony/ outpost, specifically it saying they cannot be built under-water where no water is shown, including when attempting to place a new mine at an outpost.
Another issue I encountered is that the tutorial isn’t particularly helpful and I instead found myself relying almost entirely on trial and error, for example currently I hate heat rising by +1 per minute and it says to reduce the rising heat levels and there was no focus on being able to pause the progress for any reason you should wish such as not wanting to drown your colonies and outposts while you sleep/ are at work.
Loving this game.. is it a game
I’ve been playing this a few days and it’s got me hooked.. trying to settle a new planet.. tweaking things to get it right and build a world to be run like I think it should be. It really is free to play as far as I can see. There are lots of opportunities to watch adds to get things to help you but if you don’t want that you can ignore them. It’s up to you. I don’t mind watching them as it gives me things to help my game play. It’s a game that will take time.. no one said terraforming a planet and building a colony on it was a quick task. When you log back on after a nights sleep, your colonists have made you more credits to spend on new research and so you continue. Yes you can spend money if you wish but I’ve felt no need to do so. The only glitch I have seen so far is that occasionally when I am watching one of the adds, the game may crash or the add goes to a black screen instead of letting you click the cross to close it. This means I have to reload the game but I haven’t lost anything in the process except maybe a minute of time as the game loads really quick. I messaged support about this and got a reply within a day saying they were aware of some reports of this and were working on it. Therefore I have still rated this at 5 stars because they took time to respond to me quickly. Other game support people, take note, aa quick reply is good. I will update my review as time goes by but so far, it’s great !
One of the best games ever
First of, the game is free and the option to buy is actually an option not a requirement. Now,I’ve played countless games on my iPhone...this one rates as the best of them all to date. Absolutely love the haunting yet beautiful soundtrack. It’s rare that producers will make an effort to match game and music, most fob us off with some half baked game that is pretty much the same level just designed to look different. We’ve all been there, a game looks awesome but beyond the first half a dozen levels you realise you’re just repeating the same levels with a different back drop. This game is different in that you can not only watch your colony grow and prosper, but when you are away from your device,the planets and colony continue to grow and evolve. I can never afford to spend cash on games, so I have to earn what I can via the game and adverts. Unlike most games,I can actually progress here because the developer obviously understands that in our present climate, money is tight and ppl struggle. This is one of very few games where the producers have catered for ppl like myself who don’t use or have access to credit cards or phone credit payments.
To the producers I’d just like to say well done, you continue to make us all very proud.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Usage Data
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- User Content
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Tilting Point LLC
- 393.1 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with the Apple M1 chip.
English, Arabic, French, German, Hindi, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Turkish
- Age Rating
- © Alexander Winn, 2015.
- In-App Purchases
- 10 Genesis Points £0.99
- $0.99 Genesis Point Pack £0.99
- 50 Genesis Points £4.99
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.