Tesco Pay+ is a really simple and easy way to pay for your shopping in Tesco with a single scan of your phone.
You can register with your Tesco account, or just create a new one within the app. And then add one or more payment cards.
All you have to do is scan the payment barcode when you pay in Tesco, and you can shop and collect Clubcard points at the same time.
Fast, safer and contactless
- You can pay up to £250 per transaction in any UK Tesco store or petrol station, with a single scan of your phone.
- You don't need a mobile connection to checkout - you can even pay when your phone is offline.
- You can set up the app on up to two phones and add one or more payment cards to your account.
-We accept any UK debit or credit card - Visa, Mastercard, Amex. If you like, you can personalise your payment cards with a nickname.
- We encrypt your card details and they’ll never be stored on your phone.
- Your payment barcode can only be used once - it can’t be copied or cloned.
- If you lose your phone or if it’s stolen, you can immediately lock your account at pay-plus.tesco.com.
- The app has two-factor authentication for additional security and is protected by PIN and fingerprint/face ID.
- To help keep you safe, we’ll sign you out of your account if you don’t use it for a while.
- You’ll get real time notifications every time you complete a payment so you can keep an eye on your account.
- You can check your payment history on the Transactions page.
- You can keep track of how much you spend in Tesco each month.
Tesco Pay+ is operated by Tesco Bank.
We take your security very seriously, which is why we ask for a few permissions on your device. This helps us ensure your account and payments are safe and protected.
We continuously update the app to make your shopping experience faster and more convenient. This time we’ve made enhancements behind the scenes to improve performance and stability.
Ratings and Reviews
I do like this app but it can be incredibly frustrating. It is supposed to make things quick and usually it does but when I am in a hurry and it suddenly asks me to log in again it drives me mad! The last time I wrote about this I was told that, for security reasons, if I have not used the app for a while I would need to log in again. Yesterday I was asked to log in when I had just used the app less than 24 hours previously! Infuriating!! Tesco - you really need to get this sorted.
When this works it is quick and easy but sometimes it fails. It doesn't always work at the checkout and on two occasions when I've gone to use it it has asked for my password to log in again. When there is a queue behind you this is unacceptable not only to me but also to the others waiting. If you have no other payment method with you then you are stuck. Also, vouchers can't always be used. I'll still use it but will carry a backup payment method.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for the feedback and sorry to hear that Tesco Pay+ is not always working as expected. Can you please get in touch on 0330 123 0250 so that we can take a few more details to investigate your issue and help you from there?
The Tesco Pay+ Team
Tesco + pros and cons.
Great that it connects to your Clubcard and that you can access coupons easily. Downside is that card payment over the phone is much quicker as with Tesco + they have to use a hand scanner on your phone and coupons. I also had to get a refund on Tesco Plus and although it shows on my Tesco + transaction history it does not yet show in my account . If I simply got a refund on my card via my smartphone the money would be back in, therefore Tesco hold onto your cash which I can’t afford. Also the £2 card check fee when adding my card to Tesco plus took 3 days to be deallocated. Not good enough.
All in all a faIr effort but dated for the year 2019. I was using this type of method for flight travel 5 years + ago
Hardy works and causes more delay.
I don’t normally write reviews but this app causes nothing but delays at the tills that I feel it’s worth the effort. Initially it crashed 5 tills at Tesco trying to get a card authenticated, much to the annoyance of the staff and wasting at least 45 minutes to pay. I gave up and eventually got a card authenticated at a different store on a different day. However the fun continues if you should ever change your phone. If you don’t have your old phone with you at the tills you have no option but to delete your old phone in the app and then add in a new one. This then removes all your authenticated cards. You then have to spend normally 20 mins trying to validate each card at the till and it never works even following the instructions on the app. I thought the app may have improved but I see after 12 months, getting my annual new iPhone the process is still as bad. This time I gave up trying to validate the card after 15 mins. Is it worth trying again? I doubt it !
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Financial Info
- Contact Info
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
- Other Data
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Tesco Plc
- 72.2 MB
- Requires iOS 11.4 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.4 or later.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Tesco PLC
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.