- All in one: The testo Smart App guides you easily and quickly through measurements on refrigeration, air conditioning and and heating systems.
- Fast: Graphically descriptive display of measured values, e.g. as a table, for quick interpretation of results.
- Efficient: Create digital measurement reports incl. photos as PDF/ CSV files on site and send them via e-mail.
The testo Smart App is compatible with the following Bluetooth®-enabled measuring instruments from Testo:
- All Testo Smart Probes
- Digital manifolds testo 550s/557s/550i/570s and testo 550/557
- Digital refrigerant scale testo 560i
- Flue gas analyser testo 300/310 II
- Vacuum gauge testo 552
- Clamp meter testo 770-3
- Volume flow hood testo 420
- Compact HVAC measuring instruments
Applications with the testo Smart App
Refrigeration systems, air conditioning systems and heat pumps:
- Leak test: Recording and analysis of the pressure drop curve.
- Superheat and subcooling: Automatic determination of condensation and evaporation temperature and calculation of superheat / subcooling.
- Target superheat: Automatic calculation of target superheat
- Automatic refrigerant charging by weight, by superheat, by subcooling
- Vacuum measurement: Graphical progress display of the measurement with indication of start and differential value
Indoor air quality and comfort level:
- Temperature and humidity: Automatic calculation of dew point and wet bulb temperature
- Volume flow: After the intuitive input of the duct cross-section, the app calculates the volume flow fully automatically.
- Diffuser measurements: simple parameterisation of the diffuser (dimensions and geometry), comparison of the volume flows of several diffusers when setting up a ventilation system, continuous and multi-point average calculation.
Heating systems:- Flue gas measurement: Second screen function in combination with testo 300
- Measurement of gas flow and static gas pressure: Also possible parallel to the flue gas measurement (delta P)
- Measurement of flow and return temperatures (delta T)
Minor bugs have been fixed
Ratings and Reviews
Won’t connect to iPhone
Bought digital gauges and worked brilliant when first turned them on, connected to iPhone and Bluetooth and worked great. After about a month gauges would not connect with iPhone. Deleted app and done factory reset on gauges and still won’t connect very frustrating as I rely on these for commissioning data and service calls.
This software could be as great as the instruments
Sadly, Testo’s great hardware, is completely let down by the software.
Here are a few items that are just bad:
1. It is not designed for more than 2 temperature probes at the same time (not 2x differential plots)
2. You can't force "disconnect" probes to connect to another device so (so still can't do 2 differential plots)
3. You can't "lock" the Y Axis - so it changes dependent of the software "mood" even while all devices measuring the same type like fx temperature.
4. If you log for some time – at some point the software stops responding and become sluggish until you delete “captured” data and start a new log session.
5. Export of data is just … slow.
6. You can’t name sensors – so you have to remember the 3-digit numbers – Giving sensors nicknames would help – so you could have a “high/low #1” or “in/out #2” marking on the sensor
7. There is so much wasted space on the graphs. If you have 4 sensors active – it takes up 4 “blocks” of space on 2 lines on the screen – where there is so much empty space it could have been limited to 1 line with smaller blocks.
8. You can’t customize colours
9. There is no fast way to select graph intervals (1m/10m/30m/60m/1h/6h/12h/24h)
10. There is no “auto-scale” graph to “all available data”
Poor is an overstatement
Previous version was very basic but it did connect to iPhone; this new version doesn’t upload( keeps showing original screen on opening app, pressing any button then keeps showing a download new screen- which has already been done).
No probes will then connect to the new app.
Invest in your new smart equipment and it’s a total waste of my time and money.
Developer Response ,
We apologise that you are having problems with the app. Did you deinstall the old "testo Smart Probes App" from your iPhone? Did you try to download the newest version of the "testo Smart App"? Does it still not work? Testo App Team
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Testo SE & Co. KGaA
- 105.9 MB
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Testo SE & Co. KGaA