The world of Aquatic products and solutions to make fishkeeping easy in one single app! Welcome to Tetra Aquatics; your go-to tool for maintaining your aquarium or garden pond. Discover the helpful features for water testing, finding the perfect aquarium with our augmented reality and never miss a filter change with our handy reminder service.
DIGITAL WATER TEST
• Analysis of the most important water parameters
• Save your measurement results in your personal test history
• No additional colour scale necessary
• Compatible with all tetra strips and liquid tests
• Detailed diagnosis and recommended problem solving actions
• Project virtual aquariums directly into your living environment
• Combine many different aquariums and base cabinets
• Get detailed information about all aquariums and buy online
• Never forget to change your filter cartridge again
• Activate the timer with a touch and let e-mails remind you to change your filter cartridge
• Answer a few questions by selecting images and get a recommendation from us for an aquarium that could suit you and your lifestyle
• Whether you are setting up your aquarium, taking care of it continuously or experience fluctuating water levels that could be harmful to fish - with the help of the care system you will easily find the best products to help you.
Bug fixes and performance improvements.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Not too sure!
On the 1st day of buying strips I used 4/5 test strips all with very different results which isn’t good considering why we are all buying these test kits I:e to make sure your tanks fully heathy or if you might have issues!
Must say I’m not too happy with these kits considering the cost and the company name that’s on them seems like tetra have gone down hill sadly ☹️
Definitely won’t buy again or recommend to anyone wouldn’t mind paying if there accurate!
Helpful step by step guide
I found 3 main benefits of using this app instead of using the strip instructions and colour chart alone.
1. Step by step guidance without resorting to the small print on the leaflet.
2. Specific advice based on the interpreted results.
3. Storage of the results online - useful reference to check changes.
By the way I used an iPhone 6s without problems. (Another reviewer claimed it wouldn’t work.)
1. Colour interpretation. Visually comparing the colour on the strip with the chart on the tube, the nitrite result was paler than the 1mg/l, but the app said it was 1.3 and so one third of the water should be replaced.
I’m going to redo the test over the next days before going through that. (pond - not little aquarium)
The KH result was between 3d and 6d, but the app claimed 16d.
2. Co2 levels. It told me the co2 levels were too high and that this could be dangerous to fish. It recommended buying an air pump. There is no test on the 6 in 1 strips for Co2 levels.
One extra little thing I did like was that the app has an option for you to delete your account. Yeah! GDPR says it should be as easy to remove your details as it is to sign up, and Tetra have adhered to this unlike some other apps that I would like to back out of.
This app could be brilliant. The concept is excellent. Easy to use and great interface however, the results are inconsistent and seem to depend more on the lighting when taking the picture that the actual water you are testing. For example, nitrate levels were different on two tests taken with 5 minutes. Water hardness went from bad to good. According to my 1st test, all my fish are in imminent danger luckily my second test said all was fine!
- Tetra GmbH
- 140.5 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, German, Japanese
- Age Rating
- Copyright © Spectrum Brands, Inc. All rights reserverd. Tetra, a Spectrum Brands Company
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.