This Text Expander Autotext App puts an end to tedious touch-typing:
● Organize & access frequently used text from a handy snippet menu.
● Expand autotext abbreviations into longer phrases.
● Sync snippets with other iOS devices or computers.
THE PHRASEEXPRESS ADVANTAGE
The unique phrase menu saves you from memorizing autotext abbreviations:
● Access over 600 phrases with just five taps!
● Descriptive menus instead cryptic shortcuts
● No more autotext cheat-sheets
● Fat-finger compatible large menus
CUSTOM KEYBOARD FEATURES
● Swipe-up keys for upper case letters
● Swipe down keys for numbers or symbols
● Dedicated phrase menu for instant access
● Smart bar with auto-complete suggestions
The Freeware App version is free for personal use, limited to 10 phrases and excludes features of the Standard/Pro/Enterprise Edition, that can be obtained with an "InApp" purchase:
● Save more than 10 phrases/folders
● Professional use allowed
● Statistics can be disabled
The Pro Edition additionally supports macro functions:
● Fill-ins and input forms (without grid/dynamic forms)
● Custom time/date stamps
● Date/math calculations
● Nest & link phrases
● Multiple choice phrases
● Conditional phrases, random text variation
● Clipboard operations, counters and variables
● Phrase customization with user input
The ENTERPRISE Edition additionally supports following macro functions:
● Grid form input
● Dynamic form inputs
● Support for "DeepL" language translation paid service
Please test all(!) features in the free edition before making a purchase, which enables you you to make a confident and risk-free purchase decision. Paid features can be used in the freeware as well (with license notifications).
● The PhraseExpress App does not support external hardware keyboards.
● Macros can be used with the App but they must be created/edited on a Mac or Windows computer. The App is not designed to create/edit macros and it would be tedious trying to do that.
● The PhraseExpress iOS App does not support bitmaps in the text.
● The App purchase does not include a Mac/Windows version.
Compatibility improvements for iPhone SE
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Disappointing implementation on iOS
I like the idea of this but the implementation is deeply flawed.
I just installed it on my iPhone X (iOS 13.1.3) and it crashes when I try to access settings from the app or by going to PhraseExpress entry in the iOS settings app.
For some weird reason the developer has decided that it’s impossible to share the phrase express file across iOS, MacOS and Windows. This means that there’s all sorts of weird instructions and limitations on sharing phrases across these platforms.
Of course, this is nonsense. The developer could have a designed a format that would work on all these platforms and allowed simple file based synchronisation (e.g. iCloud, Dropbox etc).
Developer Response ,
Please update to the latest version that solves the settings issue that has been introduced with the new iOS version. PhraseExpress can sync your phrases between Mac, iOS and Windows with iCloud Drive. Please contact us if you need assistance. UPDATE: Unfortunately, the user never contacted us which we regret.
Tremendous Productivity App
I purchased Phrase Express for my Windows laptop PC. It has saved me so much time with repetitive typing tasks. The iOS app works really well and you can import new phrases to it from your Windows desktop via iCloud drive. So from that perspective it's brilliant. Smart complete is also a really helpful feature of the iOS app. There are two changes that I would like to see for a five star review. 1. The microphone function on the keyboard. I make a lot of use of the microphone for dictation – therefore having to toggle between keyboards is a little bit of a pain. 2. Text suggestions that are on the standard keyboard. Make both of these things available – and then the iOS app would be perfect from my perspective
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your kind feedback and sharing your ideas with us. We would love to add Siri to our keyboard but this is restricted by Apple and we won't be able to overcome such design decision. Adding text suggestions is a very good idea and we will add this to the wish list.
Great cross platform productivity app
We get tonnes of standard enquiries to our Businesses FB Page. Got this App for smashing out standard Facebook replies and it seems to do the job just fine. Smooth integration with IOS. Like that it seems to be well supported by the developer - they have clearly spent time and money on it. Helpful documentation and you tube videos published by the developer.
Developer Response ,
Thank you very much for your kind review. We’re glad to hear, that you like PhraseExpress.
- Bartels Media GmbH
- 9.6 MB
Requires iOS 8.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © Bartels Media GmbH
- In-App Purchases
- PhraseExpress Standard Edition £4.99
- PhraseExpress Pro Edition £23.99
- Upgrade from Standard to Pro Edition £19.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.