Textastic is the most comprehensive and versatile text and code editor available for iPad and iPhone. It supports syntax highlighting of more than 80 programming and markup languages. Connect to SFTP, FTP, and WebDAV servers or to your Dropbox or Google Drive account. Use the built-in SSH terminal to work directly on your server.
• Compatible with TextMate 1 and Sublime Text 3 syntax definitions and themes
• FTP, FTPS (FTP over SSL), SFTP (SSH connection), WebDAV, Dropbox and Google Drive clients
• SSH terminal connections
• Git repositories from the Git client app Working Copy can be opened as external folders in Textastic
• Emmet support
• Supports TextExpander snippet expansion
• iCloud Drive file synchronization
• WebDAV server to easily transfer files from your Mac or PC over Wi-Fi.
• Symbol list to quickly navigate in a file
• Full support for external keyboards, trackpads, and mice
• Configurable keyboard shortcuts
• Displays additional keys over the virtual keyboard to make it easy to type characters often used for programming
• Cursor navigation wheel for easy text selection
• Easily move the cursor using swipe gestures
• Split View and Slide Over multitasking on iPad
• Open multiple files in tabs
• Multiple Windows on iPadOS
• Support for Dark Mode
• Supports most encodings like UTF-8, UTF-16, and ISO-8859-1
• Supports different tab widths and soft tabs (spaces instead of tabs)
• Custom fonts
• Find & Replace (including regular expression search)
• Find in multiple files
• File information like character count and word count
• Local and remote web preview for HTML and Markdown files
Don't hesitate to tell me the features you want to see in the next version!
- When deleting files and folders, the confirmation dialog now displays a list of files and folders to be deleted.
- It's now possible to rearrange code editor tabs using a mouse or trackpad. Previously this was only possible using a finger.
- Fixed: in the WebDAV connection configuration dialog, changes to the "Verify SSL Certificate" setting were not saved.
Ratings and Reviews
I can't rate this text editor highly enough. It's indispensable, not solely for programmers, because its text editing aids such as cursor movement controls, enhanced keyboard and full undo will prove extremely useful to just about anyone. It's a plain text editor that handles full Unicode text and uses monospaced fonts, so that makes it ideal for programmers. It can store files in the iCloud or locally. It can also transfer files to other machines using a variety of mechanisms. Alexander’s support is fantastic too. Run, don't walk.
This app is exactly what I was looking for. Being able to access my own local/iCloud directories and add the folder to the app is very useful. I can now mount the directory with my whole website and easily make changes. What’s also very useful is the “Preview in Safari” feature, which really makes it handy when developing a website. App is very responsive with many good themes. Highly recommended!
First class text editor
Brilliant plain text editor, not just for coders. I use it for editing GPX and TCX files, but also with the Stylus app and my Apple Pencil to just hand write notes and instantly convert them to text. Then I can correct and copy or export to another app for formatting if I need to. It’s fast becoming my most used app, highly recommended. One major issue though, it crashes with what it calls ‘large’ files of over 5MB - for me thats a really small file, so I still find myself having to use a Mac or PC to edit real large files
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Alexander Blach
- 23.1 MB
- Developer Tools
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2010-2022 Alexander Blach
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.