Textastic is a fast and versatile text, code and markup editor. It supports syntax highlighting of more than 80 programming and markup languages. Connect to FTP, SFTP, SSH and WebDAV servers or to your Dropbox or Google Drive account. Use the built-in WebDAV server to easily transfer files from your Mac or PC over Wi-Fi.
NEW IN TEXTASTIC 8:
• Improved Files app integration
• Configurable keyboard shortcuts
• Custom fonts
• SSH terminal settings
• Support for ECDSA and Ed25519 SSH keys
• Print source code
• New File Lists With Support For Drag and Drop
• Syntax highlighting of more than 80 languages:
• Compatible with TextMate and Sublime Text 3 syntax definitions and themes
• Emmet support
• FTP, FTPS (FTP over SSL), SFTP (SSH connection), WebDAV, Dropbox and Google Drive clients
• SSH terminal connections
• Git repositories from the Git client app Working Copy can be opened as external folders in Textastic
• iCloud Drive
• WebDAV server
• Symbol list to quickly navigate in a file
• Full external keyboard support
• Displays additional keys over the virtual keyboard to make it easy to type characters often used for programming
• Cursor navigation wheel for easy text selection
• Easily move the cursor using swipe gestures
• Split View and Slide Over multitasking on iPad
• Open multiple files in tabs
• Full iPad Pro and iPhone X support
• Supports most encodings like UTF-8, ISO-8859-1, CP 1251 or MacRoman
• Supports different tab widths and soft tabs (spaces instead of tabs)
• Customizable font and font sizes
• Find & Replace (including regular expression search)
• File information like character count and word count
• Send files by email
• Local and remote web preview for HTML and Markdown files
• Supports TextExpander touch snippet expansion
Textastic supports several ways to import your files:
• Connect to (S)FTP and WebDAV servers, Dropbox or Google Drive
• By using "Open In" in other apps
• Over Wi-Fi with the built-in WebDAV server
Don't hesitate to tell me the features you want to see in the next version!
Fixed: The type of line endings could not be selected properly when creating a new file and when trying to change them for an existing file.
Ratings and Reviews
I can't rate this text editor highly enough. It's indispensable, not solely for programmers, because its text editing aids such as cursor movement controls, enhanced keyboard and full undo will prove extremely useful to just about anyone. It's a plain text editor that handles full Unicode text and uses monospaced fonts, so that makes it ideal for programmers. It can store files in the iCloud or locally. It can also transfer files to other machines using a variety of mechanisms. Alexander’s support is fantastic too. Run, don't walk.
So versatile! Excellent
I’ve used Textastic across my iPad, iMac, and occasionally iPhone (usually when I need to make a small change right away)
The support across programming languages is amazing, I use it to edit files on my web server and Raspberry Pi.
Feature request, able to send terminal commands directly without having to fire up another app for remote desktop
First class text editor
Brilliant plain text editor, not just for coders. I use it for editing GPX and TCX files, but also with the Stylus app and my Apple Pencil to just hand write notes and instantly convert them to text. Then I can correct and copy or export to another app for formatting if I need to. It’s fast becoming my most used app, highly recommended. One major issue though, it crashes with what it calls ‘large’ files of over 5MB - for me thats a really small file, so I still find myself having to use a Mac or PC to edit real large files
- Alexander Blach
- 28.7 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this application.
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2010-2019 Alexander Blach
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.