Textcraft is a magical utility that allows you to transform any text in real-time into a variety of 90+ different formats.
WHY YOU’LL LOVE TEXTCRAFT:
It’s built with macOS design guidelines in mind to look great in light and dark mode alike, along with containing multiple tints and themes to tweak the app your way. The intuitive ‘click to copy’, and 'right-click to share’ gestures coupled with the keyboard shortcuts also makes using the app super simple to pick up and use.
Multi-window support coupled with Drag and Drop is also extremely useful for quickly and easily dragging text from other apps directly into the app for quick transforming. Whether this is to add hashtags to words social picture sharing sites, or mimic mocking Spongebob in conversation with your friends, there’s something for everyone. There are also various ASCII text face emoticons for quick and easy copying.
Text transformations include:
- Upper Case
- Lower Case
- Word Case
- Alternating Case
- Remove All Spaces
- Remove Multiple Spaces
- Add Spaces
- Reversed Characters
- Reversed Words
- Replace Spaces with Underscores
- Replace Underscores with Spaces
- Replace Spaces with Dashes
- Replace Dashes with Spaces
- Replace Underscores with Dashes
- Replace Dashes with Underscores
- Initials with Dot Separation
- Initials with Dash Separation
- Initials with Underscore Separation
- Upside Down
- Filled Bubble
- Filled Square
- Replace Spaces with Claps
- Replace Words with Emoji
- Remove Emoji
- Remove Punctuation
- Full Stops
- Remove Links
- Strip HTML
- URL Encoded
- URL Decoded
- Base64 Encoded
- Base64 Decoded
- Replace Spaces with Pluses
- Replace Pluses with Spaces
- SHA256 Hex
- SHA512 Hex
- Remove Commas
- Remove Single Quotes
- Remove Double Quotes
- Flatten List Using Commas
- Flatten List Using Full Stops
- Flatten List Using Pipes
- Flatten List Using Underscores
- Flatten List Using Pluses
- Flatten List Using Forward Slashes
- Flatten List Using Backslashes
- Replace Single Quotes with Double Quotes
- Replace Double Quotes with Single Quotes
- Remove Vowels
- Remove Consonants
- Remove Numbers
- Dashed to Bulleted List
- Bulleted to Dashed List
- MD5 Hash
- Add Commas
- Replace Line Breaks with \\n
- Single Quotes Around Words
- Double Quotes Around Words
- Convert to Dashed List
- Convert to Bulleted List
- Convert Commas to Dashed List
- Convert Commas to Bulleted List
- Hex to Binary
- Binary to Hex
- Remove Line Breaks
- Remove Line and Paragraph Breaks
- Random Case
- Sentence Case
- Trim Whitespace
- Trim Whitespace and New Lines
- Small Caps
- Double Lightning
GET IN TOUCH:
If you have any questions or feedback, please get in touch. Textcraft was created by an incredibly small team of one and I’d love to hear your thoughts. I’m available through Twitter @JPEGuin.
- Added even more symbols that can be shared and copied
- Added even more text transformation result types
- Pinning text transformations to the top of the list now removes it from the rest of the list
- Fixed issue where the in-app email form couldn’t be cancelled
- Fixed issue where pinning items while searching would pin the incorrect text transformation
- Fixed issue where the app would sometimes crash with extremely large pieces of text
- Fixed issue where the first symbol couldn’t be pinned to the top
Textcraft was created by an incredibly small team of one and I’d love to hear your thoughts. I’m available through Twitter @JPEGuin.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Functions, but UI clumsy
I need a tool like this, and despite my usual misgivings about rushing into purchasing a relatively expensive app without a "test drive", I took the plunge.
While after some cursory testing the app does seem to work as promised in terms of text transformations, the user interface is pretty basic.
- what you get is a long scrolling presentation of all the various transformations after entering or pasting into the topmost slot. Finding the output you're looking for can be very cumbersome. Pasting in a full page of HTML source results in a huge amount of scrolling before you find the plain text output (which is surely what 99% of users would be looking for in that scenario). Some context sensitivity would help here. Or my suggestion would be, if possible, to collapse the headers, allowing the user to select the desired output, upon which that style could be displayed as an expanded text; or maybe just select the copy/send actions direct from the header.
- Deletion of the entered source text is very clumsy, not to say frustrating. This is because the standard iOS select/copy functions don't work as far as I can tell. The only option seems to be to (repeatedly) position the cursor after the last text, then hold onto the delete key for as long as you can before it runs out of steam.
If the dev fixes just those two main issues, I will be happy. Until then, I've blown seven quid on a semi-useful tool.
Developer Response ,
Hi there, thank you for the great feedback. The latest version now adds the ability to long-press text transformation types to pin them to the top of the list for quick access, as well as the ability to search for transformation types to narrow them down. You can also use keyboard shortcuts to quickly go-to, select, and edit text. The standard iOS select/copy functionality also works as expected. Hope this helps! - Shihab
EDIT: The latest update now also allows you to toggle displaying specific sections (via settings).
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.