** For the free app which comes with a TextExpander.com account, search for the app "TextExpander + Keyboard" **
** TextExpander 3 is a single purchase standalone app **
Type faster on your iPhone®, iPad®, or iPod touch® in any App using the TextExpander keyboard. The keyboard enables custom abbreviations to expand into long snippets of text, such as addresses, URLs, email signatures, and form letters. You can even insert today's date automatically with the default abbreviation "ddate"!
Access all your TextExpander snippets while in Mail, Safari, anywhere!
How does that work? Make an abbreviation “eemail” and have it expand into “firstname.lastname@example.org.”
Use advanced TextExpander snippets in over 60 apps with integrated support, including Byword, Dispatch, Drafts, Fantastical 2, Launch Center Pro, OmniFocus for iPhone, OmniOutliner for iPad, TaskAgent, and Tap Forms. See www.smilesoftware.com/apps for a complete list.
With advanced snippets you can even use fill-in-the-blanks to breeze through form letters.
If you use TextExpander 5 on the Mac® you can sync your snippets via iCloud Drive, or share snippet groups with iPhones and iPads on the same Wi-Fi network.
"If you do a lot of writing and communication on your iPhone, TextExpander is practically required for efficiency." - iPhone AppStorm
- Expand custom keyboard shortcuts into frequently-used text
- Works in all Apps via TextExpander custom keyboard
- Expand text such as greetings, email signatures, form letters
- Correct typos automatically
- Insert today's date with the short abbreviation “ddate”
- Use and search multiple snippet groups
- Use iCloud Drive to sync snippets with your Mac
- Add Predefined Groups such as autocorrect, accented words, Emoji, symbols, HTML, and CSS
- Includes keyboards for: English, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Ukrainian
- Includes QWERTY, QWERTZ, and AZERTY layout support for English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, and Spanish keyboards
- Use TextExpander’s in-app Notes with advanced fill-in-the-blank and formatted text support
- Automatically send your notes as email, text messages, and tweets
- Advanced features supported in over 60 apps, including Byword, Dispatch, Drafts, Fantastical 2, Launch Center Pro, OmniFocus for iPhone, OmniOutliner for iPad, TaskAgent, and Tap Forms
- Fixes keyboard layout on iPhone X
- Retires obsolete Dropbox support
- Other minor fixes and improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Doesn’t work with iPad OS
Fills whole screen now and so useless. Hope they fix it soon.
Con? - avoid. I paid and there seems to be a 'free'? version
Just to confuse you, there seems to be a 'free'? version. Paid for this version, and then got the impression rightly or wrongly that this is an older version. I could have had the later version for 'free', then I find that the supposedly 'free' version isn't really free at all, as it demands a very expensive subscription and it either will or will not work unless you pay up every month. A complete con at worst, at best wilfully very confusing. Avoid like the plague. Otherwise it appears to to be a potentially powerful app, if it happens to be supported by another app that you already use -leaving aside the 'keyboard' feature.
Apple should not have allowed this on the App Store as the apparent duplication is just confusing and the difference is not explained properly.
Simply do not go near.
Good for expansions but lacks as a keyboard.
I like using text expander. It's great that I can now have my snippets from my Mac synced to all my iOS devices and now with the third party keyboard I can expand these snippets in which ever app I am in.
However, it unfortunately cannot be my primary keyboard. Auto correct support is lacking and this significantly slows me down. I end up having to use SwiftKey or the new iOS 8 keyboard, both have great auto correct and suggested words at the top. Whenever I want to use a snippet I have to switch keyboards. It quite a quick process to switch but it is not ideal.
I would much prefer better support for auto correct and have word suggestions. Or better still collaborate with a third party keyboard maker such as SwiftKey to incorporate text expander support so you no longer have to switch between different keyboards for various functions.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.