ABBYY TextGrabber easily and quickly digitizes fragments of printed text, reads QR codes and turns the recognized result into actions: call, write, translate into 100+ languages online and into 10 languages offline, search in the Internet or on maps, create events on the calendar, edit, voice and share in any convenient way.
When you point a camera at printed text, TextGrabber instantly captures information and recognizes it without connecting to the Internet. A unique real-time recognition mode extracts information in 60+ languages not only from documents but from any surfaces.
Winner of SUPERSTAR Award in the "Mobile Productivity App", "Mobile Image Capture App" and “Text Input” categories in Mobile Star Awards
“TextGrabber is probably the best app which adds another function to your iPhone: a scanner”- The Irish Times
“The results get delivered relatively fast, which is great. A must-have for students” - appadvice.com
“The Best Image-to-Text App for iPhone” - lifehacker.com
• Real-Time Translation directly on the camera screen without taking photos into 100+ languages online (full-text translation) and 10 languages offline (word-by-word translation).
• Innovative Real-Time Recognition mode based on ABBYY RTR SDK technology will digitize printed text directly on the camera screen without taking photographs.
• Text recognition in 60+ languages, including Russian, English, German, Spanish, Greek, Turkish, Chinese and Korean, without an Internet connection.
• All links, phone numbers, e-mail addresses, postal addresses and dates after digitization become clickable: you can click on the link, phone, write an email, find the address on the maps or add an event to the calendar.
• Siri shortcuts. To recognize the last photo with Siri create Siri Shortcut in iPhone settings.
• QR code reader.
• Powerful text-to-speech capability with the VoiceOver system feature.
• Adjustable font sizes and audio prompts to assist visually impaired people: you can increase the font size and use sound prompts to interface elements.
• Share the results to any app installed on the device via the system menu.
• All extracted text is automatically backed up and can be easily found in the “History” folder
The free version is ad-supported and provides 3 text recognition and translation.
With ABBYY TextGrabber you can save and translate any printed text you need with a tap of your screen:
• Texts from TV screen or smartphone
• Labels and counters
• Travel documents
• Magazine articles and book fragments
• Manuals and instructions
• Recipe ingredients, etc.
OCR HINT: Please select the appropriate language (up to three at a time) before recognition
Premium Account auto-renewable subscription allows using all functions of this app. Subscription length periods: 1 month and 1 year. The subscription is automatically renewed at the end of the period unless you choose to cancel the subscription at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase. You can manage your subscription and switch off the auto-renewal by accessing your Account Settings after purchase. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited if you purchase a subscription to that publication.
ABBYY TEXTGRABBER IS THE FASTEST WAY TO DIGITIZE, TRANSLATE AND ACTION ANY PRINTED INFORMATION!
Please leave a review if you like ABBYY TextGrabber. Thank you!
+ Bugfix and stability improvements.
The most important in previous releases:
+ Improved VoiceOver.
If you like TextGrabber, would you mind taking a moment to write a review on the App Store? We’d much appreciate it.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Capturing printed words and magically morphing them into easy-to-edit digital text is TextGrabber’s bread and butter. But we love it nearly as much for the sci-fi cool factor of being able to instantly translate Italian restaurant menus, French fashion magazines, and Japanese graphic novels into our native language.
Makes life easier
I love this app, I’ve been using a version of this for years as part of my job as a tutor. Ok, it doesn’t recognise every word in every font, and if I’m trying to capture a scene for actors to work on it doesn’t cope with the layout of a play script, but ultimately it saves me hours of touch typing. I can also rework my old PDF’s (if I’ve lost the original document) more cheaply that the all-singing, all-dancing professional pdf editor.
I had just left a review in ‘anger’ as bought this app a couple of years ago, and when used earlier, required me to be a premium sub. to use features. Tried to restore purchases, and said non to restore. I obviously wasn’t impressed after spending something like £10 previously. I’ve come back and deleted my complaint as I’ve deleted and reinstalled from the App Store and seems to work now without prompting for monthly subscription.
I do like this app a lot! However, like many other people, I would never use this app on a monthly basis - and can’t see the appeal of a subscription model for this type of service except for students or minority of special-interest customers. I appreciate subscriptions is the Holy Grail of sales funnels, but just don’t think this meets the needs for a majority of customers for some services, this being one. Just thoughts - and trust you know your customers better than I. :)
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your feedback! We are glad that you like the application and we have forwarded your suggestion to the Research and Development Department of our company. Have a nice day,
**ABBYY Support Team** | support.abbyy.com
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- User Content
- Usage Data
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- ABBYY USA Software House Inc
- 100 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
English, French, German, Italian, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- © 2019, ABBYY Production LLC.
- In-App Purchases
- Scan and Translate Monthly £1.99
- Full-text translator £3.99
- Scan and Translate £1.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.