"A very advanced FM Synth for your iPad." - Sweetwater iOS App Review
"A secret laboratory for FM mad scientists." - Modravoda
"..definitely one of the best sounding FM synths in the AppStore." - ipadmusic.com
"Probably the most usable and easy-to-program FM synth ever, anywhere." - thesoundtestroom
A powerful yet user-friendly FM synthesizer!
- Play music by playing shapes across the pad interface!
- No need for music theory - try it and you will see why!
- Comes with 20 high-quality free sounds!
- Morph pad allows you to morph your sounds while playing!
For the pros who want flexibility :
- 32-bit algorithms and dsp routines
- Inter-app Audio : use TF7 in DAW apps like Garageband, Cubasis and Beatmaker 2!
- 7 high quality FM algorithms to tinker with
- Access to every component in the algorithms
- 10 pristine effects consisting of Stereo Reverb, Delays, Pitch-shift Delays and more
- Supports Core-midi compatible keyboards like the Korg Nanokeys 2
- Works with Audiobus out of the box
- NEW! In-app purchase Expanded Algorithms bumps up the number of operators from 4 to 6, and the number of algos from 7 to 39, with 3 new added effects.
iPad3 and above recommended for maximum joy playing.
We are continually updating and improving TF7 Synth!
Improved inter-app operability with the following apps :
- Cubasis 2
Ratings and Reviews
Really nice sounding and versatile FM synth. If you want 6 op FM this is the one to get.
It has some issues however: it crashes on a regular basis -a complete catostrophic one whereby the app just disappears which occurs when using the chaos arpeggiator and altering parameters at the same time. Also the LFOs don't go to a low enough frequency to get decent vibrato and when trying to use them at low speed (or the trem type effect) you get audible thumping in the signal, they also seem to be all or nothing: needs an amplitude control.
It needs a filter envelope, a pitch envelope and (possibly) envelope control of some of the modulator parameters, although you can get control of these via MIDI.
Tip: don't always use it in high definition mode: you can get some lovely lo if basses in 'cheap' mode, especially with a small amount of reverb. added.
Ahead of the curve, but...
Good to see this synth now has Ableton Live. But, it STILL needs state saving under AudioBus, and in-app last setting automatic save. Until it gets those, I can't give it the full 5 stars.
Hasn't!t been updated in a year or more. No support worth mentioning, last post in forum over a year ago. In-app store links don’t work so no way to expand beyond very basic free version. A pity as it sounds pretty good but with no way to program it it’s very little use.
iOS11, iPad Pro.
- Pier Lim
- 26.1 MB
Requires iOS 8.1 or later. Compatible with iPad.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Tenacious Frog
- In-App Purchases
- 1 * Essential * Pro Upgrade £3.99
- 2 * Essential * Expanded Algorithms £2.99
- 3 Chaos Arpeggiator with Presets Pack £2.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.