Stay up to date when you're on the move with the Transport for Wales rail services app!
With live journey information, easy ticket purchase with no booking fees, the TfW Rail app is your essential travel companion.
• Check train times for any rail journey in the UK
• Live journey and platform information
• EXCLUSIVE - purchase Mobile Multiflex tickets (12 mTickets for the price of 10) valid for 3 months for most journeys across the TfW network
• Purchase our Advance mTickets for longer distance journeys on the TfW network and further afield
• Purchase a wide range of tickets for journeys on the TfW network and across the UK, with no booking fees
• Quick, simple and secure to use
• Our apologies this service is not yet available in Welsh
In this release we are introducing new ways for you to tailor and refine your search. Just head to the Plan & Buy screen and look for the new “advanced search”. You can also “refine” your search from the results screen.
Watch this space for upcoming releases, we’ve got some great features coming soon!
Ratings and Reviews
Early days for this app
I was very pleased to find there was a tfw app to replace the arriva app from day 1, however, there are a few teething issues. Firstly, I keep having to log out and back in to buy a ticket as the session has expired. Secondly, I had an issue where I had a conductor waiting to see the ticket and so I opened the app and went to tickets but it just sat at the loading screen for about 2 minutes. The ticket eventually loaded but this was not convenient. I have found I need to keep the app open on the ticket page in order to use it on command. Otherwise so far so good. Thanks.
Carnet tickets are great - but app could be better
As a part time worker, the flexibility of carnet tickets is brilliant and I can’t imagine life without it.
The app isn’t great at managing them though - it often has to reload, just when you want to show them for a ticket inspection or get through the barrier of the station.
It would also really help if the blocks of tickets show as expired if all of the tickets within the block have been used. I have to scroll down 5 or 6 of the same thing to find the tickets I can activate.
Supporting Apple Pay in the App would make this better
Please add support for buying tickets by Apple Pay into the app. Typing a credit card number or saving them in the app is a slow, not as secure and poor purchasing experience.
Please also allow tickets to be added to Apple Wallet like the Trainline app. This makes it much quicker to open your ticket at the barriers or for a guard.
The app works but is using old methods and doesn’t take advantage not of the better options available with today’s technology.
- KEOLIS AMEY OPERATIONS GWEITHREDIADAU KEOLIS AMEY LIMITED
- 20.2 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Trainline.com Limited
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.