The Herald is one of the sharpest and most highly respected Catholic newspapers in the market. If you are interested in Catholicism, then our news reports, features and comments produced by some of the best writers in the country are essential reading.
The iPad/iPhone edition brings you selected pages from the latest issue as soon as it is published. You can subscribe within the application for full access, which brings you every page of the issue and a searchable archive of over four hundred back issues. Issues are not sold individually - for the duration of your subscription you have access to every issue in this archive.
During your subscription you can sync back issues to your device. These will remain in place if your subscription expires, unless your device removes them (for example when running low on disk space). Re-downloading issues requires a current subscription.
• Swipe or tap the page edges to flip to next/previous page.
• Use the animated thumbnail view to flick through the pages.
• Pinch or double-tap pages to zoom.
• Switch between single or double-page view.
• Search the current issue or the archive.
• Tap any page links to web sites, email addresses, phone numbers or maps.
• Tap contents-page links to jump to a particular article.
• Sync issues to your device for offline reading (requires wi-fi).
• Network connection required otherwise.
We recommend first running the app within a wi-fi area so it can sync the latest issue to your device - after that you can use it anywhere. Subscribers will receive new issues automatically via Newsstand.
Subscriptions are available within the app at the following prices:
£4.99 per month
£39.99 per year
In addition, please note the following standard features of auto-renewable iTunes subscriptions:
• Your payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
• Subscriptions will renew automatically unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period.
• Your account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period.
• You can manage your subscriptions and turn off auto-renewal by going to your Account Settings in iTunes after purchase.
• No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period.
and our terms of service here:
• Adds support for Dark Mode
• Bug fixes and performance improvements
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Does not always load editions. Would not load edition of 21st or 28th February. I bought the app because paper magazine often only arrived several days late.
I love the paper
So this is handy and pops up in Newsstand. Because its a broadsheet you have to zoom in more, but even on an iPhone it is manageable.
Pricing is ridiculously expensive.
- Catholic Herald Ltd
- 12.1 MB
- Magazines & Newspapers
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, French, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © Copyright 2020 Exact Editions Ltd.
- In-App Purchases
- The Catholic Herald £4.99
- The Catholic Herald £39.99
- The Catholic Herald £4.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.