The digital edition of the The Economist weekly magazine with audio,
Users on iOS 10.3 or above can explore an expanded version of this app, incorporating daily and weekly updates, along with a morning briefing by searching for ‘The Economist’.
Readers can access their essential global briefing on current affairs, business, finance, economics, science, technology and the arts from The Economist each week.
Download the free app to:
• Enjoy three free articles a week, including the cover leader
• Enjoy the content of the weekly newspaper in an easy-to-use format
• Save articles to read offline later
• Get alerts when the new issue is available along with notifications on cover stories, breaking news and analysis.
• Subscribe within the app and get full access to Economist.com and The Economist apps
• Share articles via e-mail, Twitter and Facebook
• The app presents a great digital native reading experience for readers allowing for font size changes, Night Mode and other convenient user friendly qualities.
In today’s changing world, the one thing that’s certain is uncertainty. Make sense of it all with The Economist.
• Purchase a quarterly subscription to the full edition of The Economist for USD $45.99 or an annual subscription for USD $189.99.
• Subscribe annually, quarterly or buy a single issue. You will be charged in your local currency at the prevailing exchange rate as defined by iTunes.
• Payment is charged to your iTunes account upon confirmation of purchase.
• Annual and quarterly subscriptions automatically renew. You can manage auto-renew of your subscription from your iTunes account settings at any time, but must be turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period to avoid being charged again.
• The app may offer a free trial. At the end of the free trial period, the full price of the subscription will be charged thereafter. Cancellations must occur 24 hours before the end of the subscription period to avoid being charged. Visit http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4098 for more information.
ALSO AVAILABLE ON IPAD
Simply search for The Economist in the App Store to download the app for free.
Please note that this app requires iOS 8.0 and above. We recommend you update to the latest version of iOS to receive the best possible experience.
- Jump straight to your favourite sections using our new section navigation button
Ratings and Reviews
No audio. Even less customer care.
The Economist’s journalism is unrivalled; that is without question. But their digital acumen and customer care is below expectations in 2019.
I bought a year-long subscription for the audio service, essentially every issues as a podcast read by ex Radio 4 staff. But the audio soon stopped working on any number of apple devices.
I called. I mailed. I instant messaged the ‘support’ team. Every time, a three day wait and an automated message. Still no audio.
I gave up and cancelled my subscription in the end.
There I was, feeling virtuous about funding quality journalism. Silly, silly me.
Love this digital version of the weekly printed issue
I love to have both options between the classic app and the new app. Sometimes I read the digital version of the magazine here in the classic and sometimes I read espresso on the new app.
Please fix the Audio issues!!
The content is excellent but the Economist is let down by the constant issues with the audio. I have been told that it is ‘being worked on’ by the IT team but judging by the reviews given here, the issues date back a long time. If the audio continues to be of no use I will, regretfully, withdraw my subscription. Please fix the issue ASAP - we are currently paying for it to not work!
- The Economist Newspaper Group Inc.
- 24.9 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- Copyright © The Economist Newspaper Limited 2019
- In-App Purchases
- The Economist £39.99
- Introductory subscription £55.99
- The Economist £159.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.