The Escapists, you’ve done the crime but can you survive and do the time? The Escapists is a unique prison escape sandbox game where you get to experience a life behind bars and barbed wire fences. You’ve had a life of crime but now you’re caught. With thrilling and immersive gameplay, you need to create an escape route in a world of other prisoners and ruled by routine.
From roll call to lights out, you’re banged up. There’s no get out of jail free card in this game, you need to break out. Are you up for the challenge or are just going to sit there in your cell? You need all your wits and skill to bust out. No walls are going to hold you, you need to escape!
While under the careful watch of the guards, you’ll need to get used to prison life while you use strategy and daring to swipe useful objects from under their noses. Make innocent looking items into useful tools like shovels for cunning escape plans or handy weapons to survive in a fight.
Escaping requires cunning, strategy, the right equipment and staying at least two steps ahead of the guards. Bribe and fight your way through the prison ranks. If your fellow prisoners like you enough, recruit them and create your own gang. You might even take over a prison! The guards are out to stop any escape attempts, so you’ll have to avoid suspicious behaviour by attending roll calls, working a prison job and hiding your stolen contraband.
● Addictive prison simulator game, steal spoons and forks, use them to dig a tunnel out of your cell.
● Over 6 themed prisons, try to escape from minimum security jails or fearsome big houses like Alcatraz
● Find, steal and trade items to create dozens of crafting combinations to aid your escape
● Use the exercise yard to increase your strength, handy for scaling walls
● Find other prisoners to trade swag with, you’ll need duct tape, a screwdriver or nail files
● Dodge contraband detectors. if you pass through one with contraband in your pocket, the heat meter rises to 99 percent
● Adapt to life behind the steel doors with prison routines and jobs and master the game's six penitentiaries, there are three extra prisons waiting to be challenged.
● Push yourself to survive and increase your strength, speed, and intellect. There are multiple ways to break out and escape, you just need to find them.
The Escapists is a thrilling sandbox strategy prison simulator that challenges you to bust out in a number of different ways. You want to break free but you're banged up and you need to escape! How you survive and do that is up to you, but when you’re out of your cell, a rigid daily schedule is designed to keep you in line. You're expected to work at one of several jobs during the day, exercise and showers are mandatory.
The Escapists is tough game, just like jail.
Can you dig a tunnel right under the walls of the prison? Or even steal a guard uniform to blend in with your captors? Addictive and tense, it’s a real challenge to escape your first prison. Commit a few inside crimes, there are dozens of items to find, steal and smuggle. Some are contraband you can sell or trade for more useful gear. Create clever makeshift weapons and tools, a bar of soap in a sock is useful in a fistfight.
Materials purchased or "borrowed" from your fellow inmates are used to craft tools and other items like wires, a bottle of bleach, a piece of timber, a bar of chocolate, a plastic comb, and much more. If you’re smart enough, you’ll figure out ways to make your escape. There are dozens of items to find and use to get out of your cell, including a pickaxe, wire cutters, zip lines and more.
The Escapists is an addictive strategy prison simulator game that challenges you to break out of jail. Don’t be a prisoner, be an Escapist!
Download The Escapists today, it would be a crime not to. You can’t check out and you can never leave, unless you have an escape plan…
Fixed an issue where the game would crash during loading and completing a level
Minor bug fixes and optimizations
Ratings and Reviews
So, I love this game and it's really good for speedruns.
However, I have two problems.
1. On Xbox and PC versions of the game you can have prisoners follow you and attack for you if they like you enough but when I try and do everything I can do make them follow you they just won't. Please add this.
2. The second thing is a bit petty but I'm sure I'm not the only one with this problem you see I'm a speed runner and so I got this game in June and by the time July came round I had completed all the prisons. This is because the game has a lack of content compared to PC. The other reason I have to back this point up is the fact that the Xbox has a few minor difference that make it hard to copy speedruns from other people playing Xbox. Guard duties are one of those things because guards with certain keys don't do the same things as the the guards on Xbox.
I like this game a lot and I have been playing it, but I have a slight issue. When you have a job, you have a key, but when you lose your job, so do your key. I find this really annoying as if you are in your job centre you can get stuck in there and cannot get out. When you do, it will be in solitary confinement and you lose your progress if you have contraband items on you ( basically always to break out). I find this really annoying (please fix).
The Escapists is a wonderful game and definitely worth the money I paid for it. I love all the different prisons and planning different routes on how to get out of the prisons. I love the routine in the day and how, each prison you go to, the routine changes (along with bedtime)! I also love the graphics and all the hundreds of items you can craft. There is also different ways to escape in each prison; depending wether there is high security, electric fence/wall around the prison or wether you are completely stranded on an island!
Love it 😍
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Team17 Digital Limited
- 491.8 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- 9+ Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © Team17 Digital Ltd
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.