Matchday is your 24-hour-a-day mobile football organiser. Boot out all the boring admin – Matchday does it automatically and securely.
Whether you’re a player, parent, team manager or coach, Matchday from The FA makes your football life silky smooth. Enjoy the game while Matchday organises everything.
Who's in the team? Who are the opponents? Where’s the game? When’s kick-off? Is anyone currently ineligible to play? With Matchday, all the answers are instantly available at your fingertips. And there’s lots more benefits, depending on who you are.
Managers and coaches:
• Select your line-up - wherever you are;
• Submit team sheets on the go;
• Organise matches, training and social events - and provide instant updates;
• Avoid fielding ineligible players;
• No need to SMS your score in anymore, use Matchday for your final result;
• Submit match returns straight from the app into Full-Time;
• Collect Match Fees or club (season) fees and see who’s paid and who hasn’t paid.
• Make yourself/your child available and know immediately you're picked;
• View all future fixtures;
• Keep an eye on the tables, fixtures, results and scorers;
• Stay in the loop with regular team updates;
• Pay match fees after every game and see what you owe.
• Take a load off your mind by paying fees yearly or monthly.
And all this is a safe and secure environment, backed by The FA.
Are you Matchday ready?
• Matchday requires set up activities from Whole Game System and in some instances, Full-Time (this can be done by your league).
• To use the payment functionality (including your club setting up match fees or annual club fees) a PayPal account is needed (all information is on Whole Game) – this can be done by your club.
• If your team is shown as unavailable when you login, then it means that there is very likely an outstanding activity pending.
• For further details or if you are facing issues getting on boarded to the App, please visit www.thefa.com/matchday or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
What’s coming in the future?
We are always trying to improve The Matchday app. Please rate us in the app store to let us know your experience with the app and watch this space for further updates on how we can make things better for players and managers!
Performance enhancements and bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
Useful app, but some annoying inconsistencies
This is a helpful app because it links to Whole Game, so all the players, parents and league games are automatic. Most of the updates have improved it, but there’s an annoying in consistency to the way league games appear compared to friendlies and training.
It’s easy for parents to show availability for friendlies and training, and to see the games their child is available for in the list. But with league games, you get taken to a different screen to confirm availability – it’s about 4 taps instead of 1. And then it’s not possible to see availability shown in the match list – you have to go into each individual game to see availability.
This is causing a lot of problems with my team. Hopefully it’s an easy fix to get it working in the same way as training.
Developer Response ,
New Response to 18/12/2020:
Unfortunately the inability to edit those things is as a result of certain selections made by your league. If you email into them, explaining the issue, and asking them to change this then this can be freed up for you via their league options tab on Full Time. The scroller for the meet time is an Apple feature, not an app one so unfortunately we're unable to control that.
Response for 08/12/2020
Thanks so much for your mostly positive and constructively critical review.
To address some of your great ideas:
Track & Trace exports - Whilst I'll certainly note this down to be considered for future implementation, you are able to add hyperlinks in the notes section when setting up fixtures. Here you'll be able to add an online form (we like Google Forms - https://www.google.co.uk/forms/about/) which can hold details for track and trace.
Second parents - Largely this is issues with duplicate FANs but we'd be happy to take a look at any outstanding issues around this.
Training Auto-date - We've had this reported in a couple of times so it certainly will register high on the list of enhancements. Once we're over the start-of-season bugs we'll start to look into things like this to improve user experience. We love the months idea too!
Thanks for your review and ideas. We'll be working on the app to ensure we get that 5th star before long!
Poor support to resolve issues
I have an issue with this app - I cannot access it because it states I have multiple accounts linked to my email address - I understand this is a frequent issue. Contacting the ‘grassroots support’ results in a standard trouble shooting email advising to access using my FAN number on the ‘whole game website’ the issue is when I do that my FA Website password doesn’t match either mine or my sons FAN numbers and if I try to
Password reset it also tells me I have multiple accounts linked to my email. There is no phone number for the ‘The Grassroots Technology team’ so I’m just going around in circles sending them emails and getting the same standard ‘trouble shooting’ response - this is extremely frustrating and means my 11year old son is likely to miss out on football matches because I can’t confirm his availability for any matches! It would be good to be able to speak to someone who can take ownership of this issue and actually resolve it for me - so that I don’t waste another week going around in circles.
Great App - keep up the development please!
Downloaded this as I manage an u7’s team. Initial view is it’s very ‘clean’ (no ads) and easy to use in comparison to other free apps in the market.
The link into Whole Game System to pre-populate players is great. Also the ability to automatically show fixtures from full time, as well as updating them is great also.
Couple of areas that I’d like to see in the product development.
1. Multiple parent users as kids might be split between homes etc.
2. Ideally want to be able to see the results of the kids games for everyone, rather than just X-X (I knows it FA policy not to display but really does not help!)
3. Enhanced player profile stats that can show goals, match ratings and the ability for managers to add notes to their players
4. An actual in app chat feature for general conversation
5. The ability to add photos and videos from games
6. Some form of analysis on the team you are facing - like a WWLDW type of insight.
7. From a manager perspective the ability to see key stats about your teams performance (goal ratio, top scorers
8. A recommendation from your opponent to award a man of the match
9. Ability to share results to social media
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Wembley National Stadium LTD
- 194.4 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with the Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2021 Football Association Limited
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.