Matchday is your 24-hour-a-day mobile football organiser. Boot out all the boring admin – Matchday does it automatically and securely.
Whether you’re a player, parent, team manager or coach, Matchday from The FA makes your football life silky smooth. Enjoy the game while Matchday organises everything.
Who's in the team? Who are the opponents? Where’s the game? When’s kick-off? Is anyone currently ineligible to play? With Matchday, all the answers are instantly available at your fingertips. And there’s lots more benefits, depending on who you are.
Managers and coaches:
• Select your line-up - wherever you are;
• Submit team sheets on the go;
• Organise matches, training and social events - and provide instant updates;
• Avoid fielding ineligible players;
• No need to SMS your score in anymore, use Matchday for your final result;
• Submit match returns straight from the app into Full-Time;
• Collect Match Fees or club (season) fees and see who’s paid and who hasn’t paid.
• Make yourself/your child available and know immediately you're picked;
• View all future fixtures;
• Keep an eye on the tables, fixtures, results and scorers;
• Stay in the loop with regular team updates;
• Pay match fees after every game and see what you owe.
• Take a load off your mind by paying fees yearly or monthly.
And all this is a safe and secure environment, backed by The FA.
Are you Matchday ready?
• Matchday requires set up activities from Whole Game System and in some instances, Full-Time (this can be done by your league).
• To use the payment functionality (including your club setting up match fees or annual club fees) a PayPal account is needed (all information is on Whole Game) – this can be done by your club.
• If your team is shown as unavailable when you login, then it means that there is very likely an outstanding activity pending.
• For further details or if you are facing issues getting on boarded to the App, please visit www.thefa.com/matchday or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
What’s coming in the future?
We are always trying to improve The Matchday app. Please rate us in the app store to let us know your experience with the app and watch this space for further updates on how we can make things better for players and managers!
For Adult Teams – introducing Player Stats. Managers and Players can now review their key statistics; Appearances, Goals, Assists, Clean Sheets, and Discipline.
For Youth Teams – introducing Player Profiles. At a glance, Managers and Parents can review Players availability for upcoming training sessions and matches.
For All – Managers can now set positions against their Players. Information we will use to personalize the Players experience in later versions of Matchday.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
It’s OK but needs more work
Clearly the FA have focused all their development and education around their collaboration with Paypal. Very few clubs will make use of this as that means setting up either a dedicated account or adding Paypal to the club account neither of which Club Treasurers will welcome.
Note: The Contact Us link above routes you to an email address to send your queries to. Emails are then declined Error 554 Breach of Policy. Come on FA who did you pay to build this for you?
Now for the Managers and Players/Parents
Youth players generally have 2 parents/guardians and many on second relationships so giving both or multiple parties the ability to view and update is a must have feature.
Managers want a tool that works so why so many bugs. It frequently hangs or is very slow to load/refresh
One specific bug I noticed. I updated the stats post match but wasn’t able to enter the referee name after adding their score.
I can’t select available players for friendlies.
It would be useful for friendly matches to be shown under Matches rather than Training and also be able to select which is the Home Team and the Away team
Setting up for Parents is very complex and confusing. The request for dob needs to be clear it’s the Parents dob when it’s the parent connecting.
On a positive note the app links well with WGS and Full-Time which makes life a lot easier with recording results and tracking matches.
Great App - keep up the development please!
Downloaded this as I manage an u7’s team. Initial view is it’s very ‘clean’ (no ads) and easy to use in comparison to other free apps in the market.
The link into Whole Game System to pre-populate players is great. Also the ability to automatically show fixtures from full time, as well as updating them is great also.
Couple of areas that I’d like to see in the product development.
1. Multiple parent users as kids might be split between homes etc.
2. Ideally want to be able to see the results of the kids games for everyone, rather than just X-X (I knows it FA policy not to display but really does not help!)
3. Enhanced player profile stats that can show goals, match ratings and the ability for managers to add notes to their players
4. An actual in app chat feature for general conversation
5. The ability to add photos and videos from games
6. Some form of analysis on the team you are facing - like a WWLDW type of insight.
7. From a manager perspective the ability to see key stats about your teams performance (goal ratio, top scorers
8. A recommendation from your opponent to award a man of the match
9. Ability to share results to social media
A bit of a joke
So frustrating trying to get all parents access to the app with children linked.
I, like so many others, am just a volunteer trying to support coaching kids football giving up my spare family time to do so. This is meant to help but is so poor that it becomes useless and more hassle than it’s worth.
I’ve spent hour after hour trying to work out why a several of the parents can’t link a child or verify an email address or can’t get access as they have two FAN numbers and whole game system is so poor now that there is a queue system in place just to get access. 😡😡😡😡🤯🤯🤯
Shame on you FA - grassroots is the building block for the entire game and generates the next sets of players/fans in the future so please focus on spending more time and money on making these systems deliver what they should for grass roots to help the army of volunteers which you so heavily rely on.
- Wembley National Stadium LTD
- 215.1 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5S, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6S, iPhone 6S Plus, iPhone SE (1st generation), iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone 11 Pro Max, iPhone SE (2nd generation), iPad Air, iPad Air Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9‑inch), iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (9.7‑inch), iPad Pro (9.7‑inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad (5th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (2nd generation), iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (2nd generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (10.5‑inch), iPad Pro (10.5‑inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad (6th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (11‑inch), iPad Pro (11‑inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (3rd generation), iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (3rd generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad mini (5th generation), iPad mini (5th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Air (3rd generation), iPad Air (3rd generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (7th generation), iPad (7th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (11‑inch) (2nd generation), iPad Pro (11‑inch) (2nd generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (4th generation), iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (4th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Air (4th generation), iPad Air (4th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (8th generation), iPad (8th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2018 Football Association Limited
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.