Matchday is your 24-hour-a-day mobile football organiser. Boot out all the boring admin – Matchday does it automatically and securely.
Whether you’re a player, parent, team manager or coach, Matchday from The FA makes your football life silky smooth. Enjoy the game while Matchday organises everything.
Who's in the team? Who are the opponents? Where’s the game? When’s kick-off? Is anyone currently ineligible to play? With Matchday, all the answers are instantly available at your fingertips. And there’s lots more benefits, depending on who you are.
Managers and coaches:
• Select your line-up - wherever you are;
• Submit team sheets on the go;
• Organise matches, training and social events - and provide instant updates;
• Avoid fielding ineligible players;
• No need to SMS your score in anymore, use Matchday for your final result;
• Submit match returns straight from the app into Full-Time;
• Collect Match Fees or club (season) fees and see who’s paid and who hasn’t paid.
• Make yourself/your child available and know immediately you're picked;
• View all future fixtures;
• Keep an eye on the tables, fixtures, results and scorers;
• Stay in the loop with regular team updates;
• Pay match fees after every game and see what you owe.
• Take a load off your mind by paying fees yearly or monthly.
And all this is a safe and secure environment, backed by The FA.
Are you Matchday ready?
• Matchday requires set up activities from Whole Game System and in some instances, Full-Time (this can be done by your league).
• To use the payment functionality (including your club setting up match fees or annual club fees) a PayPal account is needed (all information is on Whole Game) – this can be done by your club.
• If your team is shown as unavailable when you login, then it means that there is very likely an outstanding activity pending.
• For further details or if you are facing issues getting on boarded to the App, please visit www.thefa.com/matchday or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
What’s coming in the future?
We are always trying to improve The Matchday app. Please rate us in the app store to let us know your experience with the app and watch this space for further updates on how we can make things better for players and managers!
Squashed a bug which was incorrectly recording a team mark for a handful leagues.
Ratings and Reviews
It’s OK but needs more work
Clearly the FA have focused all their development and education around their collaboration with Paypal. Very few clubs will make use of this as that means setting up either a dedicated account or adding Paypal to the club account neither of which Club Treasurers will welcome.
Now for the Managers and Players/Parents
Youth players generally have 2 parents/guardians and many on second relationships so giving both or multiple parties the ability to view and update is a must have feature.
Managers want a tool that works so why so many bugs. It frequently hangs or is very slow to load/refresh
One specific bug I noticed. I updated the stats post match but wasn’t able to enter the referee name after adding their score.
I can’t select available players for friendlies.
It would be useful for friendly matches to be shown under Matches rather than Training and also be able to select which is the Home Team and the Away team
Setting up for Parents is very complex and confusing. The request for dob needs to be clear it’s the Parents dob when it’s the parent connecting.
On a positive note the app links well with WGS and Full-Time which makes life a lot easier with recording results and tracking matches.
The issue I found is the parent log in as a few have come back saying they user name and password they set up is wrong
Also the ones who have managed are not get informed either by email or by text message
Also one of our parent is a club committee memeber and it did not allow her to set it up of the fan number she has had for year so now it’s given her a new fan number the worry I have now it will confuse the whole game system as she like I said is a official officer of our club
Very frustrating, not there yet
I’m far from impressed..
Initially I had an issue getting access to the App as a manager. I contacted the help email months ago - to this day I haven’t had a response..
(Although I have now figured it out myself!)
I’m a player/manager and it doesn’t appear to let me both manager the squad but also list myself as available. This is a huge drawback for me...
I have emailed the help address again, fingers crossed I’ll get a response this time.....
Half my team can’t log in. I’ve checked and their emails are correct to those listed on WGS, so I’m at a loss as to what to suggest to these players.. This is just becoming more hassle than it’s worth...
Finally, it doesn’t appear to push notifications to peoples phones. I arranged a friendly using the App- I then had to Whatsapp the players (those that are able to access the App) to point out that they needed to go into the App to log their availability!
Surely the App should notify players when a new fixture is added and prompt them to confirm availability either way for upcoming games??
Oh, and I can’t mark myself available for the friendly I’ve set up, as previously mentioned..
Unless things dramatically improve and I get some speedy assistance it will be Whatsapp for us again during the 19/20 season!
- Wembley National Stadium LTD
- 147.3 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5S, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6S, iPhone 6S Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone 11 Pro Max, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9-inch), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (9.7-inch), iPad Pro (9.7-inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Wi-Fi (5th generation), iPad (5th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (2nd generation), iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (2nd generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (10.5-inch), iPad Pro (10.5-inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (11-inch)Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini (5th generation), iPad mini (5th generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air (3rd generation), iPad Air (3rd generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (7th generation), iPad (7th generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2018 Football Association Limited
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.