Are you the next Bear Grylls? Take on the ULTIMATE survival challenge and download the official game of THE ISLAND to find out.
This is a refreshing change from typical world-builder games! Learn to manage your resources carefully and skilfully.
With limited energy and time to complete the Daily Challenges and Tasks that will keep your islanders happy - and alive - The Island: Survival Challenge will truly put your tenacity, and perseverance to the test!
*Tap the CAMPFIRE for ENERGY-GIVING TASKS and DAILY CHALLENGES*
*Drag buildable items such as the Clothes Tree from the BUILD menu and place in the world. You’ll need to CRAFT certain items in the shelter before you can build*
*You have a FINITE amount of time each day to complete the THREE DAILY CHALLENGES. Manage your camp’s resources and energy carefully – and remember to complete CAMPFIRE TASKS to replenish your camp’s energy levels*
Good luck on The Island!
You are about to embark on the mission of a lifetime. 20 unskilled people have been abandoned on a remote desert island, and need YOU to lead them through the toughest survival challenge of their lives.
Featuring tips and inspiration from survival expert Bear Grylls, can you lead this team of everyday people through the relentless trials, tribulations, twists and turns of life on The Island?
With just basic tools and The Island’s natural resources at your disposal, your survivors will need both the mental and physical strength to succeed.
They’ll need to battle the elements to successfully forage for sources of sustenance; fashion the crucial tools and objects essential for survival; and build and maintain vital shelter.
You’ll need to make smart, strategic decisions, managing the camp’s fragile energy levels against the necessity to harvest and craft the resources needed to thrive.
And each day will bring 3 new survival challenges. Level-up your Islanders’ skills to give them a hope against the fickle fates of The Island. Fail to do so and their morale will plummet and they will leave The Island forever.
Have you got the mettle succeed when the odds are truly against you? Will you raise yourself to Bear Grylls’ level and acquire the skills to not only survive – but thrive – and learn to love island life?
In short, can you survive The Island?
Download now for FREE to find out.
* FEATURING hints, tips and inspiration from world-renowned survival expert Bear Grylls
* SURVIVE 15 day seasons with as many survivors as possible. Will all of your group make it through? Multiple seasons to play and replay
* COMPLETE DAILY CHALLENGES before the sun sets each day to keep your survivors fed, watered and their morale high. Can you become a survival pro?
* HARVEST and GATHER essential natural resources such as wood, water and vegetation – even items that have been washed up on the shore
* CRAFT them into vital survival tools
* BUILD shelters to aid Crafting – but watch out for the storms
* HUNT wild turkeys and caiman, and FISH the shores for crucial energy boosts. Remember: if you want to eat, you’ll need to find it, catch it and cook it.
* MANAGE the group’s energy levels carefully
* MAINTAIN MORALE otherwise your survivors will leave The Island, making life harder for the remaining people in camp
* METTLE is your ability to cope with challenges and difficulties. Earn it by successfully completing daily Challenges – and use it to help power your way through tough situations.
* DECORATE your camp to give island life a personal touch – and make it feel more like home
* REPEAT days for another chance to survive if things don’t go to plan – and they won’t!
The Island: Survival Challenge is free to play. In-app purchases are available.
An internet connection is not required to play this game. It will check for economy updates on launch.
Offline timers - We have had lots of great feedback about the in-game clock stopping while the app is in the background. So now the game will continue to run for 10 minutes offline. This means your Islanders can finish any smaller tasks they were working on, or progress longer tasks, but just enough to ensure they don’t run out of daylight to complete the all important Daily Challenges! Win-win!
Work Harder! - You can now make your Islanders Work Harder on their tasks to speed things up, but, watch out! If you work them too hard, they’ll take a morale hit – and may leave The Island … forever!
New Starter Packs! - There are several new in-app offers to help you kick-start your Island experience or find that vital resource.
FAQ! - We have added an FAQ for all the best tips on how to play the game if you get stuck.
New Season prize buildings! (you’ll have to complete The Island to see what they are!)
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
I really like the concept of the game, but I have had to stop playing. It has a habit of crashing just you have have completed a task. When you reload it has taken all the resources you have spent on the task and not given the reward (mainly energy). The game is quite finely balance anyway when you get to level 10+ so this is making it impossible to build back up you resources without the energy rewards. Let me know when you have sorted the crashing out.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for taking the time to post feedback, TDub8631. We're looking into crash reports and hope to identify issues asap.
Genuinely no need to spend money to progress as you can watch reasonably short ads instead (but no... see later). A bit of strategy, a bit of chance, you need to stay focussed on what you are trying to achieve and not get sidetracked. I liked it. But, on an iPad, hugely flawed programming. The advertisers are paying for nothing - you used to be able to use ads to speed up, but now you can try 20+ times to use an ad to no avail: time after time no advert appears. My hard earned mettle points have gone from 760 to almost none. I am not going to pay to do escape crap programming. In addition, having played this game 3 times, from about season 4 the time countdown on tasks stops working unless you have a menu open. Hugely frustrating so my rating drops from 5 stars to two. Get it together!
Interesting take on the genre
I downloaded this as I am a huge fan of the show, but also of world builder and simulation games in general. This is a it different - it took a bit of getting used to, the on boarding could be a bit clearer, and it was weird that the game clock doesn’t run down when you close the app. BUT that said, it’s an addictive little game once you get into the first challenges and I am enjoying the challenge of balancing my energy based around the things I need to do each day. Overall it’s a lovely little game and feels true to the show format. Looking forward to seeing updates and developments.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Endemol UK Ltd
- 245.7 MB
- Requires iOS 9.3.5 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.3.5 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.3.5 or later.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour
- © 2018 Shine TV Limited. All text, graphics and other content in this Game is the copyright of Shine TV Limited and Bear Grylls Ventures LLP.
- In-App Purchases
- Mettle Pack 1 £1.99
- Starter Pack £3.99
- Mettle Pack 3 £4.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.