The idea for the Oldie was cooked up 25 years ago by its founding editor, Richard Ingrams, and his much-lamented successor, the late Alexander Chancellor. Their aim was to create a free-thinking, funny magazine, a light-hearted alternative to a press obsessed with youth and celebrity. The Oldie is ageless and timeless, free of retirement advice, crammed with rejuvenating wit, intelligence and delight. I look forward to welcoming you to our loyal, ever-growing readership.
Harry Mount, Editor
‘The Oldie? It’s the new Punch, the new New Yorker, it’s brilliant’ Gyles Brandreth
‘The most original magazine in the country’ The Independent
It is a British monthly magazine written "as a light-hearted alternative to a press obsessed with youth and celebrity" and has an mixture of features, arts, book reviews and cartoons.
-The Oldie magazine app is free to download. Purchase single editions or subscribe to The Oldie app at a discounted rate
-Read every issue a whole week before it goes on sale in the shops
-Download the magazine and read it offline, on the move
-Each issue is supplemented by an exclusive Oldie podcast. Further insightful commentary with the brains behind the articles.
-Navigate the app easily using the contents bar and skip to your favourite section.
-One-click, seamless access to the daily blogs filed to the Oldie website
YOUR APP SUBSCRIPTION
You can purchase an auto-renewable subscription directly from iTunes for £34.99. The subscription will include the current issue and past content (up to August 2015) if you do not already own it as well as every new issue.
A single issue costs £2.99 (save £1.26)
- Your subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current subscription period
- You will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current subscription period
Bug fixes and performance improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
It tells me all I need to know as well as being thoroughly entertaining. Hope Harry Mount keeps up the good work.
App is really awful
The magazine itself is really good but accessing the digital version is painful. As a yearly digital subscriber I find it almost impossible to access anything other than the blog. Why is it so difficult? Avoid the digital subscription option just buy the print version.
I am a subscriber to The Oldie , I find the website is very hard navigate and I am constantly being asked to sign in again and email addresses are not recognised.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Oldie Publications LTD
- 29.5 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with the Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © The Oldie
- In-App Purchases
- The Oldie subscription £29.99
- The Oldie Issue 414 £1.79
- The Oldie January 2019 £2.49
- The Oldie March 2016 £2.49
- The Oldie Issue 412 £1.79
- The Oldie April 2016 £2.49
- The Oldie Issue 413 £1.79
- The Oldie Spring 2020 £1.79
- The Oldie November 2018 £2.49
- The Oldie September 2016 £2.49