learn REAL accents from REAL people
Need to learn a new accent and don’t know where to start? You’re not alone. Working with unfamiliar sounds can be nerve-wracking: the pressure is piled on to ‘get it right’ for that audition, opening night, recording session or first day of filming.
What if you could put a Voice Coach in your Pocket® to guide you every step of the way?
The Real Accent App: England does just that. An industry-proven 10-step learning programme, authentic native speaker recordings and groundbreaking functionality make this the definitive app every actor needs in their accent kit bag.
‘I imagine hundreds of would be film characters will love The Real Accent App…fascinating tool for learning accents.’ Stephen Fry
• Step-by-step breakdowns for 10 accents prepared by a top industry coach
• 30 real people recorded in their original environments
• Simple-to-use interface for fast problem-solving on the rehearsal room floor
• Innovative RECORD and COMPARE functions to speed up learning
• Unique AUTOPLAY and LOOP functions for working hands free
• An ingenious TEST YOUR EAR quiz that strengthens listening skills
• Insider industry tips to help adapt an accent to character and script
• No in-app purchases: one purchase, one download
• No advertisements
• Received Pronunciation (aka Standard English/RP)
• Birmingham (aka Brummie)
• Greater Manchester
• Leeds (West Yorkshire)
• Liverpool (aka Scouse)
• London: Cockney
• London: Multi-Cultural (aka MLE)
• Newcastle / Gateshead (aka Geordie)
The Real Accent App: England contains over 4 hours of high-quality audio reference material and requires a minimum of 280MB of storage space on your device.
Adds high quality audio routing capability for Bluetooth devices.
Ratings and Reviews
Excellent portable resource!
What I love about this app is its simplicity. It's smart, thorough and incredibly easy to use.
The record and compare your voice against the current recordings option is a genius idea. It has been so helpful for me in learning how to do specific accents. Full marks.
- Howard Weate Productions Limited
- 425.1 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour
- © Howard Weate Productions Limited
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.