learn REAL accents from REAL people
Need to learn a new accent and don’t know where to start? You’re not alone. Working with unfamiliar sounds can be nerve-wracking: the pressure is piled on to ‘get it right’ for that audition, opening night, recording session or first day of filming.
What if you could put a Voice Coach in your Pocket® to guide you every step of the way?
The Real Accent App: USA does just that. An industry-proven 10-step learning programme, authentic native speaker recordings and groundbreaking functionality make this the definitive app every actor needs in their accent kit bag.
‘I imagine hundreds of would be film characters will love The Real Accent App…fascinating tool for learning accents.’ Stephen Fry
• Step-by-step breakdowns for 10 accents prepared by a top industry coach
• 26 real people recorded in their original environments
• Simple-to-use interface for fast problem-solving on the rehearsal room floor
• Innovative RECORD and COMPARE functions to speed up learning
• Unique AUTOPLAY and LOOP functions for working hands free
• An ingenious TEST YOUR EAR quiz that strengthens listening skills
• Insider industry tips to help adapt an accent to character and script
• No in-app purchases: one purchase, one download
• No advertisements
• General American
• Boston (Massachusetts)
• Chicago (Illinois)
• Dallas / Fort Worth (Texas)
• Louisiana Creole
• Nashville (Tennessee)
• New York Brooklyn
• Oklahoma City
• Philadelphia (Pennsylvania)
The Real Accent App: USA contains over 4 hours of high-quality audio reference material and requires a minimum of 230MB of storage space on your device.
Adds high quality audio routing capability for Bluetooth devices.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
A must have
Found out about this through word of mouth and thought I’d try it. Now I’ve been using this app for a couple months and I’m not showing any signs of slowing down, it’s just great. It creates a solid foundation to build your accents from as well just training your voice. Great tool to fall back to when you lose your focus. When I go to class I’m at a level to really work from. Highly recommend for any actor or voice artist!!
I can’t wait to get started on the Celtic and Europe apps. Hopefully they do a deal for that too! Wink wink!
A valuable addition to the actor 's tool kit
I downloaded this app today and I have to say, it's an instant hit for me. It's informative, intuitive and also very well priced.
It has a great selection of accents (US) to choose from and yet step-by-step format really works. I'm very much looking forward to the UK updates and to see how the resource grows.
A must buy for any actor.
Excellent tool for actors
This is very good and very helpful for actors. It will hopefully stop everything from being 'generic American' (although thats in this too and is very good!)
- Howard Weate Productions Limited
- 242.9 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © Howard Weate Productions
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.