The Sun app is the home of all the latest breaking news, showbiz, celebrity gossip, football and money with live updates and videos. It’s simply the best way to stay informed with the best and latest stories and is available for download on iPhone devices.
The app’s main features include:
- You can personalise your own feed on the ‘My News’ tab, choosing the subjects you want to read about - and removing the ones you don't. It's easy to edit so you can get the stories you want, the way you want them.
- The ability to comment on stories - read what people think and join in the chat.
- Get breaking news notifications with videos and images straight to the lock screen on your device.
- Customise your alerts with the stories you want to hear and read about.
- Easy-to-navigate home screen displays all the top stories from news to showbiz to sport.
- All the latest videos from across news, sport, showbiz and money and an ‘Editor’s Top Picks’ tab showing the very best.
- A ‘most-read’ feature for every section to highlight the most popular Sun stories of the day so you don't miss out.
- Special ‘swipe’ option helps you move easily from story to story rather than having to navigate back through the app.
- Share stories and content with your friends and followers on social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter and WhatsApp.
- Huge Sport section features all the latest news, analysis, fixtures and insight from all our columnists, especially the Premier League and news about Manchester United, Manchester City, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool and Tottenham. You can personalise your feed to get you team's news first, including clubs from the Football League and in Scotland.
- All the latest football transfer news and gossip in a constantly-updated live blog.
- It's not just football, there's also the latest from the worlds of Boxing, Rugby, Cricket, Tennis, NFL and much more all within the Sport section.
- All your favourite and most outspoken columnists in one place, from Jeremy Clarkson to Jane Moore, in their unique style.
- The home of Bizarre, the Sun’s legendary showbiz gossip column for all the latest about your favourite celebs. A behind-the-scenes look at the latest reports and your TV and Soaps updates.
- All the latest lifestyle stories from Fabulous Magazine. The best fashion and beauty tips, health and fitness, parenting, relationships, food, horoscopes, pictures and videos.
- Special sections on the biggest stories, such as Brexit - you can follow for all the latest news.
- The best Travel news and tips, from city breaks to beach holidays to cruises, plus regular traffic and public transport updates to help you stay on top of delays.
- The infamous Dear Deidre column, from the nation’s number one agony aunt, who is on hand to answer readers' questions about life and love.
- New features added all the time - we'll let you know when they're ready to use.
If you opt-in for push notifications, a unique identifier for your device will be generated and will be stored by Urban Airship – our push notification platform – on behalf of The Sun to provide you with our services.
You can choose to unsubscribe from The Sun news push notifications in your device’s ‘Notifications’ screen.
This release brings bug fixes and enhancements.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
The Sun app
I love the sun app , gives you up today news etc.
Only complaint I have is I can’t view my reply’s to the comment section at the end of the news reports, it says I have notifications but when I click to view the reply’s it is just a blank page. I hope the sun fixes this problem soon as I love reading the responses of other readers .
It’s a nightmare trying to scroll down without hitting the hyperlinks leading you to other pages. That never used to be a problem however after one of the recent updates every time you touch or swipe through a hyperlink (and every article is littered with them) it automatically takes you to the other page regardless of the fact that you didn’t want to. That feels like a punch under the belt - it gets them more hits on the other pages, however, it isn’t fair on us readers!!
Sort it out - I simply want to read an article without having to close the new page when I accidentally touch a hyperlink.
It became so annoying that I’ll just wait a little longer and if not sorted will delete and get another App to read the news
Please, do not use The Sun, they are full of lies and have single handedly ruined the reputation of an entire city. That city being Liverpool. I am from Liverpool and so is my family, we moved away a few years ago. And people still give dirty looks when they hear my families accents and treat us like scumbags just because of the stigma surrounding scousers. And that is 16 YEARS after what The Sun did. They publicised lies and nothing but it, for nothing more than their own gain. The Sun are a slimy, disgusting company that thrive of fear mongering and lies.
I recommend you research what The Sun publicised about the Hillsborough disaster and what they said we did. After that I hope you’ll agree not to buy into them.
- News UK & Ireland Limited
- 56.6 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour
- Frequent/Intense Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Gambling and Contests
- Frequent/Intense Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © Copyright News Group Newspapers Ltd 2020. The Sun is a registered trade mark of News Group Newspapers
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.