Make sense of it all with The Times & The Sunday Times - Classic app. Award-winning journalism, expert analysis and opinions from your favourite journalists.
The Times now offers two apps. This edition-based app (for iPads only) is similar to our print edition with a classic ’print-like’ reading experience and just like our print newspaper it pulls on all the key stories of the day and is created overnight, ready to read each morning. If you want live and breaking news, interactive features, a wide range of puzzles plus features like reader commenting then head over to our other app - The Times and Sunday Times - simply register your email and your subscription covers you for both our apps.
Why The Times & The Sunday Times?
READ YOUR FAVOURITE SECTIONS AND ARTICLES
Stay well-informed and entertained with our unmissable journalism
Get access to exclusive content from The Times and The Sunday Times including The Rich List, Best Places to Live, Good University Guide and Parent Power.
Access to The Times luxury magazine, LUUX
ENJOY PREVIOUS EDITIONS
You will be able to revisit any article from the previous month, including all supplements.
SAVE ARTICLES & READ OFFLINE
Save articles so that you can enjoy them later without Wi-Fi, at a time that suits you.
Seamlessly journey through your favourite sections of our app
CROSSWORDS & PUZZLES
Crosswords & puzzles from The Times & The Sunday Times. From Cryptic Crosswords to Sudoku.
EXCLUSIVE SUBSCRIBER BENEFITS
Exclusive Times+ rewards and subscriber-only events with big names from politics and journalism.
In a nutshell…
Subscribe to The Times & The Sunday Times today and get instant access on your iPad. Read news reports, informed political opinion, global news headlines and world business insight from our award-winning team of journalists. Whatever you’re interested in, we’ve got you covered. Enjoy Style, The Sunday Times Magazine, Saturday Magazine, Times2, Culture, Weekend, Bricks & Mortar, Home, Travel, The Game, The Scrum, and Business & Money.
How do I access The Times & The Sunday Times award-winning news coverage & journalism?
The app is free to download and can be read in one of the following ways:
- Monthly in-app subscription to The Times & The Sunday Times iPad edition
- Existing members with a Digital subscription can log-in using their The Times and The Sunday Times username and password
- Payment will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase
- Your subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period
- Your account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period
- You can manage your subscription and switch off the auto-renewal by accessing your Account Settings after purchase
- Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable
- Full T+C's can be found at http://www.thetimes.co.uk/static/terms-and-conditions/
We value your opinion and feedback. Our reader’s views are central to ongoing development and improvements. You can send feedback to us directly by visiting: http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/public/livechat/
Follow our social media:
What have we been working on?
- Minimum iOS version 12+
- New link added to our other app - The Times & Sunday Times for live & breaking news and interactive content
Ratings and Reviews
My brother suggested I subscribe when I was planning to spend a couple of months in France in 2018, to ensure I didn’t have to pay twice the price for a tiny airmail edition - if and when I could find one. I have never looked back. Yes, there are a few slightly irritating aspects, although I am learning by trial and error the ‘taps’ necessary to achieve article by article, page by page and photograph by photograph. Perhaps The Times could consider a ‘How to use the digital edition’ guide?
The things I most value are having a ‘newspaper’ with me at all times from the early hours of the morning until six days later (and saved articles for even longer); having a range of puzzles readily at hand; and reading more of a newspaper than I used to do with a hard copy. In short, the digital Times has ensured I am better informed and usefully entertained, all in a convenient package. It has made me more dependent upon my mobile telephone and tablet, but that seems to be the norm.
Next best thing to reading a physical newspaper
I have subscribed to The Times app since 2011 when I first saw an iPad demonstrated with the app. I was working in the Newsprint industry at the time and a Times paper edition subscriber. I thought it was a game changer...and a further problem for my industry! Over the years I have had some problems with the app, however for the last 2 years none whatsoever. It is really slick now, downloads easily, looks great on my v1 iPad Pro and I would not want to be without it.
I have just 2 niggles:
1. The Culture magazine on a Sunday does not show the performance adverts, music gigs etc, though this is overcome by receiving the paper edition on my plan. I would prefer to see these on the tablet also.
2. Videos can only be read while connected to the internet. I get that they are storage heavy for some people, however it is really annoying not to be able to view them when I am not connected at times.
Brilliant app, great journalism, wouldn’t want to be without it!
Would give it more but the app has some frustrations
The content is the Times so if you are subscribing then you know what it is.
So I will comment on the app itself. Generally very good but as noted by some others, the app seems to skip pages when you are reading. You browse forward one page then go back one and the original page is not there, replaced by the article before it. Or you read part of an article and go to the next page and it’s a new article then by chance you go back a page and realise that there was more that you missed. Very strange behaviour for the app. I assumed that this was a ‘feature’ of the app and there is some special way of browsing between pages that I must have missed and is entirely unintuitive. However, it’s probably just a bug but it has been present ever since I first used this app. Anyway, from other posters comments it seems that the developers deny it’s existence and therefore have no interest in fixing this very frustrating and easy to replicate issue. It annoys me every day and detracts from what would otherwise be an enjoyable experience. The Telegraph app is superior.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Usage Data
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Times Newspapers Limited
- 107.8 MB
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Copyright © 2022 Times Newspapers Limited. The Times and The Sunday Times are registered trade marks of Times Newspapers Limited. All rights reserved.
- In-App Purchases
- The Sunday Times iPad edition £2.49
- The Times iPad edition £14.99
- The Times - 30 Day Subscription £18.99
- The Times & The Sunday Times £25.99
- The Times - 30 Day Subscription £18.99