Created with the NHS and the UK's Department of Health, The Walk helps you walk more, every single day. When you’re playing The Walk, every step counts.
A bomb explodes in Inverness station, and you’re given a package that could save the world. To stay alive, you’ll need to walk the length of the UK. The Walk is more than just a great pedometer/step counter — it's a way to turn walking into a journey, a challenge, and a rip-roaring adventure.
Made by Six to Start and Naomi Alderman, creators of the world’s most popular running game with over 5 million players, Zombies, Run!
ENGADGET - “Simple, fun, effective.”
JOYSTIQ - "Spices up your step-tracking with some danger and intrigue.”
BBC NEWS - “Encourages users to walk 10,000 steps-a-day to help improve their health”
LIFEHACKER - “You're motivated to actually get up and move around so you can progress further into the story, and it works really well.”
AWESOME ACTIVITY TRACKER
Just put your phone in your pocket or purse and we’ll track every walk and run you take — and map it, too!
You’ll walk the length of the UK while evading capture by the police and enemy agents. Can you work out who set off that bomb in the first place and what their plan is? Get ready for an epic adventure across 65 episodes, 800 minutes of audio, and hundreds of miles.
Get rewarded for walking more by collecting clues, scanning for information, and unlocking achievements.
The Walk adjusts its difficulty based on individual fitness levels. Everyone’s different, and we make sure we give you the right level of challenge!
Comes with the first five episodes and challenges for free, with the remaining 60 unlockable by subscribing to the Abel Runner's Club.
Subscriptions are $5.99 USD/month or $34.99 USD/year. Subscriptions will be charged to your iTunes account after your confirmation of purchase.
Subscriptions automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. You can go to your iTunes Account Settings to manage your subscription and turn off auto-renew. Cancellation of the current active subscription period is not allowed.
- Requires iOS 10.3
- This app integrates with the Health app via Healthkit to read and track your steps and movement data to register your progress in the game
- Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. The Walk uses your phone’s accelerometer to measure your movement, and primarily uses wifi and cell towers to track location. The Walk is designed to use GPS sparingly and should have little to no impact on your battery.
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/thewalkgame
Join our mailing list: http://www.thewalkgame.com
Hello, Walker! We've fixed a crash on iOS 13 devices.
If you're enjoying The Walk, please rate and review us on the App Store, it really helps!
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Great story but buggy
I'm currently 6 episodes in and the story is interesting. The idea behind the app of it works in the background whilst you do other things is great, only occasionally opening it up to listen to some story or find collectables. However the game is buggy and sometimes needs you to minimise the app and reopen it for it to work properly. An update hopefully would fix this but there hasn't been one for a while.
It also doesn't record how far you have walked, just the time and number of steps. An estimated distance would be nice.
If you want to walk, and to slightly increase it The Walk isn't a bad app. It's just not perfect, which is a shame from the creators of Zombies, Run!
Saw this app as a suggestion in The Metro Newspaper and on the App Store.
I like novelty and I like earning things, and having an audiobook style spy thriller is a fantastic low cost way to keep me engaged.
I walk for a significant portion of my travel to work each day and on day off I tend to wander so what better way to be rewarded for my everyday habits.
With in app medals for:
1. Completing an episode (certain number of minutes of walking) in 24 hours
2. Not remaining still for 3 hours in a single period
3. Viewing and unlocking all the extras and pinpoint extras in the episode.
It encourages you to continue to walk.
The early episodes are generally 30-40 minutes of walking, I'm currently on Episode 18 and if you take every detour to collect the bonus items it takes 140 minutes to complete.
So before you know it, your increasing your exercise amount without even noticing it.
Only thing missing is some form of monetary reward for the medals.
10p for medal 1, 20p for medal 3 and 30p for medal 2, cash out via PayPal/Amazon Vouchers once reached £10 would be good.
Good idea, but flawed.
I'm trying to show this app some goodwill as I absolutely love Zombies, Run! and use it daily. However, this still needs work. Why?
1) No music integration - what if my headphones are in and I'm walking? Wouldn't it be nice if the story unfolded without me having to tell it? Also, if you are playing music, the story kills the music off whilst it's playing, but doesn't bring it back.
2) The app really hasn't been tracking my activity very well at all. Just walked for 15 minutes. The little dot where I am moved about half a minute. Now have walked for 20 mins today and the little dot isn't even at 2 mins.
3) It also seems to gobble battery regardless of what's said in the notes.
4) Sometimes, I've gone into the app after walking and it seems to have forgotten that I started the episode, so have to kick it back into action again.
NOTE: I've changed phones. Now on a 6S from the 5S I had previously. The app has lost all responsiveness and the screen seems to update once every 15 seconds so you can't scroll through the map or get it to do... anything really. Any chance of an update?
- Six to Start
- 360.1 MB
- Health & Fitness
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Six to Start
- In-App Purchases
- Unlock Everything £4.99
- Abel Runner's Club £5.99
- Abel Runner's Club £33.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.