A brand new adventure game from Ron Gilbert and Gary Winnick, creators of the classics Monkey Island and Maniac Mansion! Play as five characters to uncover the surreal mystery of Thimbleweed Park -- a town where a dead body is the least of your problems.
A haunted hotel, an abandoned circus, a burnt-out pillow factory, a dead body pixelating under the bridge, toilets that run on vacuum tubes... you’ve never visited a place like Thimbleweed Park before.
Five people with nothing in common have been drawn to this rundown, forgotten town. They don’t know it yet, but they are all deeply connected. And they’re being watched.
...Who is Agent Ray really working for and will she get what they want?
...What does Junior Agent Reyes know about a 20 year old factory fire that he’s not saying?
...Will the ghost, Franklin, get to speak to his daughter again?
...Will Ransome the *Beeping* Clown ever become a decent human being?
...Will aspiring game developer Delores abandon her dreams and stick by her family?
...And most importantly: how come no one cares about that dead body?
By the end of a long, strange night in Thimbleweed Park, all of this will be answered -- and you’ll question everything you thought you knew.
In a town like Thimbleweed Park, a dead body is the least of your problems.
- From Ron Gilbert and Gary Winnick, creators of Monkey Island and Maniac Mansion.
- A neo-noir mystery set in 1987.
- 5 playable characters who can work together… or get on each other’s nerves.
- Not a walking simulator!
- Satisfying puzzles intertwined with a twisty-turny story that will stay with you.
- 1980s-style telephone hint line gives in-game puzzle help -- if you want it
- A vast, bizarre world to explore at your own pace.
- A joke every 2 minutes... guaranteed!*
- Casual and Hard modes with varied difficulty.
- English voices with English, German, French, Italian, Russian, and Spanish subtitles.
*Not a guarantee.
* Arrows add to tutorial screens.
* Fix for audio dropping when receiving a phone call.
* Small bug fixes.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Simply perfect in every way!
When games like this come out my excitement goes through the roof because there are so few of this quality, so much thought has gone into this game and it shows. It makes me angry to read negative reviews based on something so trivial as a characters accent when we are getting such beauty and enjoyment. Personally I loved every accent especially the ghost who sounds like the actor christoph waltz, and willie sounded like John goodman! Very good value for money, this gave me hours more fun than a movie or a night out at the cinema even which would have cost more and not lasted as long. A huge Bravo to the Devs!!! MOREARINO PLEASE.
Edit: having finally finished this game all I can say is wow! I loved the ending and there were so many chapters with twists and turns, I really hope the Devs know how grateful ppl like me are for their blood, sweat and tears, and the enjoyment they create, thank you from the bottom of my heart. Well worth every penny.
Maniac Mansion for the 21st Century
I used to love playing Maniac Mansion and I have been hoping for a game like this for years! One that came close was Spooky Manor, but since then there has been nothing of that quality within that genre. This game is fantastic, and it is of such high quality, it has great playability and it is really funny! I played this game with my seven-year-old and he loved it as much as me. We did have to look up a few cheats though because we are not that smart! Thank you to the creators for making such a fantastic game I hope to have more games like this to play with my son!
A must, even at £9.99!
Despite the extortionate for an iphone app price this game is excellent. I wasn't initially keen on the look of the characters. A lot of them look like they are drawn from the same template and aren't as fun as the Monkey Island characters in appearance (except Doug).
Gameplay-wise this game is dense. So strange and intricate in the switching between up to five characters and their unique interactions. I am at part four now and have been loving it so far. There are so many great references and callbacks to the creators previous works that this works for both the die hard adventure gamer and new fans alike.
The developer, Terrible Toybox, Inc., has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Terrible Toybox, Inc.
- 985.6 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with the Apple M1 chip.
English, French, German, Italian, Russian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © Copyright 2014-2017 Terrible Toybox, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Thimbleweed Park™ is a trademark of Terrible Toybox, Inc.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.