**Please note that the app is free to use, but it is always offered in partnership with charities, employers, insurers and others as part of a larger set of services. For this reason it requires a code to create the right kind of account that unlocks the correct set of services.**
Thrive: Mental Wellbeing is an evidence-based app to prevent and manage stress, anxiety, and related conditions. Developed in the UK by specialists with many years of clinical experience, the app uses easy to learn clinically proven techniques to help you live a happier, more relaxed, stress-free life.
The app helps you monitor your mood and teaches you relaxation techniques such as meditation and deep muscle relaxation that with practice have shown to help people cope better with stressful situations. It also has a 'thought trainer' programme based on cognitive behavioural therapy to help you manage those unhelpful thoughts. With no rules to use the app, you are free to jump in for 3 minutes to relax before a stressful situation or use more regularly to improve resilience and keep stress under control.
How do we know it works?
We have thousands of users worldwide. We are not trying to reinvent the wheel - we use techniques that have been practised in hospitals and clinics for years, but in a fun, game-like format. We have a research programme in partnership with the University of Roehampton focused on continuously improving engagement and efficacy.
Monitor your emotions
Using our Mood Meter you have a confidential platform to track your mood, the emotions you feel, and the situation you were in. We then help you to reframe this, thinking positively about a certain aspect of the situation and reminding you what you did on a specific day to make you feel good. By remembering what we can change rather than what we can not, we can help ourselves to control our emotional state and live happier lives!
Personalised messages, games, and more!
With our message in a bottle and wise words sessions, there are plenty of ways to interact and have fun with our app. Below are some more reasons why thousands of people are feeling the benefits of our app:
- On the go: Proven therapeutic techniques available in your hands whenever you want them.
- Easy to do: In your own time, at your own pace, with an interactive guide to help you along your journey!
- Efficient: Improve your well-being, whether already stressed or anxious or simply for prevention and resilience.
- Confidential: Away from stigma or judgement, and usually accessed in a quiet place, in your own time, completely anonymously!
The app is free but it is always provided in partnership with other organisations such as employers, charities or insurance companies. You will need a code from one of these organisations to get access to the right version of Thrive. Please get in touch with us via our website if you have any queries.
Bug fixes and performance improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Don’t get me wrong I do love this app and I’ve been trying it out for a few months now and it helps me a lot and I love the variety of activities you can do. And I love how you can monitor your mental health and how you’re given goals to do. Anyway the only thing I dislike about this app now is the huge update of changing the layout, I really enjoyed it when it had this island and everything but now it’s just got a boring layout and I really don’t like it.
App caused annoyance not relaxation
The experience of (trying to) try out this app and has made me more annoyed than relaxed!
- Only breathing works without signing up. No info about other items is even accessible so I don’t know what I would be signing up to. I don’t feel I need breathing exercises today but I wanted to see what else is on offer. No such information except titles of things.
- Nevertheless, based on good reviews, I tried to sign up. Not surprising (cos app did seem buggy from the start) that no email confirmation ever arrived and I cannot sign in. I resent the validation email and rechecked 5 times, nothing.
- The music on a loop: I don’t find that relaxing. There’s an option to turn it off, but it turns back on as soon as you close the form. Is that disabled for those who haven’t signed in or just a bug? In any case very annoying if a ‘feature’ to make people sign in and then make it impossible for them to do so.
Generally, after a stressful week, this was just another annoying experience on top of 20 others in the past few days!!
Just started the app again after the big update. I’m happy to see it now includes CBT. This is absolutely amazing. CBT usually costs £150/ session and people are getting it here free. This content is unbelievably good. Just google ‘CBT studies effects on anxiety’ and you will see this is the most powerful treatment available because it changes your automatic irrational thoughts.
- Thrive Therapeutic Software Ltd
- 240.9 MB
- Health & Fitness
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2019 Thrive Therapeutic Software Limited
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.