*** Listed on Games Magazine's Electronic Games 100 for 2011! ***
Shall I Teach You About Tichu?
Legend has it that over 642 million Chinese play Tichu nearly every day! I don't know about that. All I know is that Tichu might very well be the world's best card game.
Tichu is a partnership game for four players where partners battle to be the first to play all of their cards and score points. Each hand is filled with strategy and risk. Will you be the first player to play all of your cards? Perhaps you'd like to make a little wager on that? Are you willing to risk 100 points? How about 200?
Tichu has long been the favorite card game of all time on BoardGameGeek. Find out why! I promise that you won't regret it!
Tichu boasts the following great features:
* Fully licensed and authorized by designer Urs Hostettler and publisher Fata Morgana Spiele.
* Computer controlled opponents boast a challenging and lifelike Artificial Intelligence that is configurable in numerous ways.
* Up to 4 humans can play linked over Bluetooth or Game Center.
* Full support for Game Center! including achievements, leaderboards, and world-wide multiplayer!
* Extensive tutorial and in-game documentation will teach you how to play and have you playing like a champ in no time.
* Shake-A-Hint™ feature helps you play while you learn.
* Music and sound effects.
* Keep track of up to 4 games at once.
* Keep track of your game's progress with a fully automated score sheet.
* Track your statistics over multiple game sessions.
* Play in English or German.
* Optimized high resolution images for iPhone 4 and iPad.
(It also looks fantastic on older iPhones and iPod touch.)
Follow the developer on Twitter @sblanding.
Note: If you encounter any issue which you think is a bug, or even if you would just like to drop me a line, please send me email at steve-at-housefullofgames-dot-com. Posting bug reports in the comments below doesn't help me because I can't contact you to ask for more details. Please don't hesitate to write. I'd love to hear from you!
* bug fixes.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
A beautiful and interesting game. I started playing it (physically) 3 years ago with friends and I've had the game app for at least 2 years.
Anything may appear complicated at first, but after a small number of attempts, it all becomes clear.
It would help if you have a friend or two who would give some guidance but it's not essential.
Playing tichu in real life is by far more fun, but you can't always have 3 other people to join you when you want (it's a 4 player game after all), so the app does it for me.
I have owned the paper version of this for a year now but with none of my friends keen to try it I hadn't grasped even the rules. Now this app has taught me the game, I feel confident enough to persuade my friends to try this excellent partnership game.
Still playing after years!
It’s a great rendition of a fab game, AI is great and being able to play with friends who you are with is super. Best endorsement I can give? Still playing regularly after years of owning this game.
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.