Timehop is the only app that lets you celebrate all your best memories, every day. Join the over 20 Million people who start their day reminiscing with friends on a nostalgic journey. It's like #tbt every day!
Webby Awards Best Social App 2017
Webby Awards People’s Voice - Best Social App 2017
As featured in The New York Times, Digiday, Washing Post, Time Magazine, and Vox.
Your daily Memories
• See this exact day in history, every time you open
• Tap or Swipe through every old photo, video, and post
• Relive your favorite vacations, parties, and weddings as they unfold
• Go back 1 year ago, to 20 years ago, and beyond!
• Easily see all the photos and videos you take on your phone and never post
• Connect your Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram accounts to see your social media history
• Connect Google Photos, Dropbox, or Flickr to see your entire history of stored photos
• Even relive where you checked-in by connecting your Swarm account
Relive the best, Hide the Rest!
• Cherish the best memories and protect yourself from the sad ones
• Hide your bad memories so you don’t see them again next year
• Go directly to the posts so you can delete them from where they were originally posted
Then & Now
• Compare the old with the new by turning your photos into a Then & Now!
• Snap a new selfie to show off just how much your hair has changed
• Or grab a recent photo of your puppy to see how big they got since they were first adopted!
Reminisce with Friends
• Share any memory easily with your friends via sms or other messaging platforms
• Post your best throwbacks and share the memories with everyone
• Crop, frame, and add stickers like you're the scrapbooking master
Your Daily Habit
• Every morning you get a new day of Timehop memories, and it only lasts for 24 hours!
• Set your alerts so you never miss a day
• Your Timehop streak tracks how many days in a row you have checked your memories
• Unlock badges and rewards the bigger your streak gets!
• Watch Abe, our dinosaur mascot, report on the news of the past
• Learn about the weird, lesser-known, and culturally significant historic moments as they relate to today
• It’s a fun nostalgic fact every day
• Don’t miss an episode of the best pop-culture nostalgia TV show
• Catch clips of the movies, shows, and music memories on this day in a bitesize format every day
• Impress your friends with your just how much you remember from your childhood
Wanna know more? Find us on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook @Timehop
- Bug fixes and performance improvements.
- Finally beat Myst!!!
Ratings and Reviews
Retro video mistakes
I love this. It’s a timely reminder of my past and I’ve been using the app for a few years now.
It’s great you can now remove things that aren’t relevant. I love the retro video too even if it is very much based on America - I’m in the uk. However there have been many silly mistakes on it recently for example - today it said the Michael Jackson’s BAD was 54 years ago- no it wasn’t, it was in the 1980’s. Also it said the other day someone in there 20’s (I forget who) was born 50 something years ago.
I have used Timehop for years now and have enjoyed the app even through some pretty questionable updates, however, the latest version is shocking. With the new GDPR regulations coming into force I am now no longer able to use the app unless I agree to terms and conditions that I find abhorrent:
1: I allow Timehop to use my email to send me marketing messages and announcements.
2: I allow Timehop to share my anonymised information with ad partners.
Now I realise I may be wrong in my interpretation of GDPR but I was under the impression that the new rules were to allow customers/users to opt out of email marketing if they wish and provide more visibility regarding where and how their data is used.
This is seemingly not the case as it is impossible to access the app without agreeing to both conditions, neither of which I agree to. These two factors do not and should not affect the running of this app and are therefore unnecessary.
In fact, having checked the guidelines for GDPR on the Information Commissioners Office (ICO) ie the governing body of the new regulations, this requirement is in violation of the following articles: ‘consent requires a positive opt in’ followed by ‘avoid making consent to processing a precondition of a service’. In other words, refusing to consent to my data being used for advertising purposes and spam emails should NOT prevent me from being able to access the service that the app provides.
Bye bye Timehop.
Good way of looking back
Enjoy the app but as I’m British and have always lived in the UK the reminders about the forthcoming Presidential Election in the USA are utterly pointless. I wish I had a vote as I’d vote for Biden but here in the UK we are stuck with Trump’s good friend our awful Prime Minister for another four years unless there’s a miracle. I fully appreciate the importance of using my vote but there is absolutely no point in reminding me about a vote in another country that I cannot participate in
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Usage Data
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- TIMEHOP INC.
- 36.7 MB
- Social Networking
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © Timehop Inc