Tomato One is a simple application for increasing personal productivity. Work for 25 minutes, then take a 5 minute break and repeat.
This application has all the basics and nothing else:
- Short & long focus sessions
- Charts with 2 weeks history
- Configuration for hiding dock icon, interrupting user and showing timer in the menubar
- AppleScript support. Commands are "start", "stop" and "start break".
Fixing bug that prevented window from being closed by cmd-W shortcut
Ratings and Reviews
I love almost everything about this app - its flexiblity, its simplicity let alone the price. Just two things would make this app worth 5 stars any day of the week:
- Give the option for native notification support instead of it rudely pooing up to notify you when time is up - sometimes this egts in the way, other times I don’t notice it if I’m not lookign at the screen
- Give more emphasis to the timer tracking - it is an amazing feature to see how many sessions you have done, but the ability to set goals and makign achieving them more rewarding would be ideal
Definitely almost perfect
So simple and effective. If this could only store your historical stats beyond two weeks so you could easily chart work-time progress/dips/etc over time it would be perfect. Please consider implementing!
Too big - almost the size of my bedside alarm clock
I only downloaded the app y’day and unfortunately it was not what I was looking for; I was hoping for a compact/tidy timer that’ll sit neatly in a corner of my screen or even better on top of top menu/status bar; that’s not the case. With nearly 10cm in hight and 7cm in width it’s anything but compact. One can indeed drag the clock to the edge of screen and hide most of the app except the digital timer, and because of that I am giving it 3 stars. I suspect I’ll end up deleting the app all together from my Mac.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.