TomTom VIO owners: This app unlocks our best scooter sat nav features on your new device.
Only TomTom VIO users will be able to use this app.
With TomTom VIO, your scooter ride will become a whole new experience. TomTom VIO gives you all these features:
- Find your way first time, every time: Forget about pulling over to get directions on your phone, thanks to turn-by-turn visual and audio navigation at a glance.
- Customisable colours: Your TomTom VIO skin and map colour can be personalized with a wide range of options to match your scooter and style.
- Favourite places: Add your favourite locations on your TomTom VIO, then navigate to them from anywhere with just a tap.
- Choose route type: With a selection of route options you can find your perfect path.
- Detect traffic jams to avoid waiting: When traffic jams lie ahead, TomTom VIO will quickly calculate an alternative route for you, so you can keep on the move.
- Navigate to contact in a tap: Find the best route to your saved contacts with a simple tap from within your contact list or directly on the map.
- Caller display: See who's calling with a glance at your TomTom VIO sat nav screen. Take the call using your Bluetooth® helmet audio system.
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
The Bluetooth® word mark and logos are registered trademarks owned by Bluetooth SIG, Inc. and any use of such marks by TomTom is under license. Other trademarks and trade names are those of their respective owners.
You are advised to use the TomTom VIO features requiring an audio system (i.e. the spoken turn-by-turn instructions) only with an appropriate Bluetooth® helmet-built-in audio system. Always check local legal and safety requirements before selecting an audio system for your device. Drivers are solely responsible for complying with applicable road traffic laws and avoiding distractions while on the road. TomTom shall not be liable for any penalties arising from failure to comply with these laws and regulations.
- Performance improvements and bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
OK in parts
I’ve been using this app for a while now. It does what you need it to do - it gets you to a destination. Two downsides for me: it’s battery hungry for both the phone and the device. Second, some features have never worked since I bought the device - it won’t remember settings for cameras and accident black spots. When I got in touch with TomTom about this they said that an update would sort this - that was over a year ago - no updates of any sort!
Developer Response ,
Thanks for taking the time to leave this review. Please contact our support team again as they may have an update on these issues:
02079 490 134 (Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.)
- Cameron at TomTom
GPS signal fail
I’ve been using my tomtom vio fot almost one year and it was ok until today. This morning the GPS signal was on and off, but mostly off. It would come back for few seconds and then off again for 1 minute or longer. It was a painful 22 miles ride. I did try to turn it on and off, same with the app, but it wouldn’t work at all. I wonder if I should reset it? Would that make any difference?
Could be improved
The device itself is fine but the navigation software seems to use the same car routing software as many other apps. Often the most congested and least moped friendly routes appear. It certainly will not help you navigate the more moped friendly routes that for instance London offers.
- 307.9 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- ©2016 - 2018 TomTom International B.V. All rights reserved.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.