Top Sailor is a highly realistic sailing and motorboat simulator. Take Top Sailor with you and learn basics of sailing! See how wind force affects the sail and test your skills against AI opponents in a yacht race. Learn how to trim the sails to make the most use of wind energy. Discover when there is a risk of capsizing. Practise sailing downwind and upwind, tacking and gybing. Improve navigation skills, sail race strategy and tactics.
• Realistic simulation of sailboat and motorboat
• Six AI opponents, from newbies to experienced sailors
• Several beautiful locations to explore
• Never-ending supply of race tracks: the built-in track generator
• Adjustable weather conditions (wind strength, direction and variation)
• Apparent wind and telltale indicators
• Islands, shoals and dangerous areas
• Comparative sailing skill estimate
• Record and replay your games
• 3D stereo rendering for anaglyph glasses
• Winner of the bada Global Developer Challenge 2010!
• Stretchable controls that reflect both current and target position of each control (sail trim, rudder, sail raising)
• Improved configuration of controls in the Settings menu
• New wind speed+direction indicator in the track map – the actual wind is shown as it changes instead of a small static icon
• Corrected the placement of gates in random track generator
• Displaying the penalty time as floating text when colliding
• Improved animations and sound when a race is completed
• Improved rudder simulation
• Improved control and navigation of AI bots
• Improved camera movement in course flyover mode
• Fixed sail trim control that was hard to use in auto-sail mode when the boat was about to capsize
• Fixed an extremely rare crash in GUI when pressing many buttons simultaneously
• Fatter, more realistic buoys
• Sails become transparent when they are close to camera and would obscure the view
• Various improvements in GUI and display
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Best sailing simulator I’ve found
If you want to recreate the excitement and feel of racing a small sailing dinghy than this app does it brilliantly - it has a great feel to it that keeps you coming back for more...
The wind variations are fairly realistic, the water almost splashes out of the screen - and the dinghy feels like a Solo, although the sail isn’t fully battened on the model. And you can go swimming from time to time, just like the real thing! Races are nearly always exciting - start positions are random and sometimes there’s a bit of catching up to do, hit another boat and there’s a time penalty, you don’t just need skill to win, you need a bit of luck too... and thats just like reality - this sim lets you have bad races as well as good, so you want “just one more go”
Minor comments - don’t understand why the sail lowers in a capsize..., would love more courses and a couple more dinghy classes (a more challenging boat). And random weather across all the race courses.
But this is a wonderful simulation of dinghy sailing and comes very close to capturing the real feel of a competitive race with the right tactics needed to beat the AI competitors...
Ok, there are some imperfections and many frustrating moments but it is so addictive. Just finishing it for the second time - need some more races. You can create your own but somehow, not as good. Not sure about the scoring though, the better you get, the more difficult it is to score - lose 10% for coming second (once you are into 95% completed), but only gain 0.6% for coming first - takes ages to build up your score again. Still love it.
Excellent But Needs Rules!
I love this game and it is very addictive and realistic as far as wind and capsize are concerned. However, there needs to be some work on the rules as you still receive a penalty if a computerised boat crashes into you and your on the leeward side. Also, starboard doesn't seen to exist, as once again, you receive a penalty.
Nonetheless, I would still recommend this game and a simple update will hopefully fix this soon.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Szymon Ulatowski
- 43.7 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2012 Maciej Komosinski and Szymon Ulatowski
- In-App Purchases
- Basic Tip £0.99
- Appreciative Tip £2.99
- Awesome Tip £19.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.