Abbey Road Studios' multitrack recording app for songwriters, enabling you to capture your song ideas everywhere.
● Import an instrumental, beat or a vocal track
● Record up to three vocal tracks on top of it
● Adjust volumes and mix tracks on the mixer panel
● Add reverb which can simulate spaces from a small room to a cathedral, and
control the reverb amount
● Build and organise projects by adding lyrics, tags and pictures to help you find
● Convert and export projects to M4A audio files
● Share projects with friends and collaborators over WhatsApp text or messenger
● Save projects to your device and sync them to your Google Drive and/or
DESIGNED BY MUSICIANS FOR MUSICIANS
To develop Topline, we worked closely with emerging songwriters and producers from across London to understand their creative needs.
They all shared a big concern about losing original song ideas. We decided to solve this challenge and the result is Topline - the latest in a continuing series of innovations designed to bring the Abbey Road magic closer to music makers whenever and wherever they create.
Awarded 'Music App of the Year' and 'UX of the Year' at the UK App Awards 2018.
“It's symbolic that Abbey Road, the world’s most famous recording studios, is launching a free iOS recording app. Times have changed, and here’s evidence of one of the great bastions of the music industry changing with them.” — Music Radar
“Forgetting that melody you thought of on the bus, or that riff just before bed is one of the most frustrating things for a musician. However, Abbey Road’s free iOS app, Topline, looks to alleviate these frustrations.” — Music Tech
- Reverb effect with a selection of 9 impulse responses ranging from small room to cathedral, and a horizontal slider to control the reverb amount from dry to wet
- New mixer panel
- New audio core based on the AVAudioEngine iOS component enabling the addition of effects and mixer
- Offline rendering of audio with all setup and reverbs sent to the mixed track
- Bluetooth connection allowing Bluetooth headphones to be connected and used to record audio into app
- Latency improvements
- Mixer panel with control over multiple channels
- Automatic Mono to Stereo conversion of imported audio tracks
- Changed knobs on Mixer to “M” buttons for muting each track
- Changed backward arrow to ‘Undo’ Word
- Changed “Invite Friends” to “Recommend Topline”
- Added new onboarding screens
- Bug fixes and cosmetic changes
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Great for recording ideas...BUT
I think this is good for recording ideas but when it comes to notes there is a big problem, especially as this app is aimed at songwriters! I’ve noticed my lyrics/ notes I jot down in the notes section disappear when I go back into app, even after pressing save! Have started copying at the time of writing and pasting elsewhere on my phone to be on the safe side!
Developer Response ,
Thanks for your feedback Samia22. Could you please email email@example.com with more information on what device and operating system you are using. We can then start to investigate the issue. Thanks, Topline Team.
Good but Bluetooth/Synch issues
Using on iPhone 7. I want to play back either through Apple Bluetooth earbuds or my wireless speaker but although it pairs and shows as connected only plays through iPhone speakers (other apps play correctly, only Topline fails)
No option to synch with iCloud in settings, only Google or Drop box. App says it has auto synch on but is not synching.
Other than that it is great for me to record ideas as they occur
Developer Response ,
Hi Grizzly, glad you are capturing ideas on the move using Topline. We appreciate our user feedback so thank you for getting in touch. We are working on some updates and will keep you updated when it's available!
Really good app with some bugs
This is a great app, but recently it only plays from one of the two iphone speakers. Could you please have a look into this? The iPhone standard voice recorder works fine.
Also, it doesn't support Jabra Bluetooth earphones so when I play a recording wearing them it just plays from the iPhone speaker instead and doesn't allow me to record from the Jabra mics...
Developer Response ,
Hi Oli - thank you for the feedback, we will look into your comments. We are currently working on some updates and will be in touch when it lands!
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.