A nameless hero finds himself in a place between fantasy and nightmare. He doesn't remember his name nor where he comes from. Wandering through strange lands, he struggles to discover the truth about the world around him, as well as about himself.
The dreamlike, nightmarish atmosphere of the game was inspired by the works of painters H.R. Giger and Zdzisław Beksiński. The game's final look and feel was also strongly influenced by the universes of games such as Demon's Souls or Dark Seed. This unique mixture gave life to a bleak and depressing world.
The story begins as the protagonist wakes up locked in a metal cage hanging below a large flying machine. It becomes clear he is its passenger against his will and the machine's destination is unknown. The only vague memory he can summon in his mind is that of a sculpture atop a hill, depicting human hands reaching towards the sky.
Those are, however, the least of his problems as the airship descends its flight towards a huge, gloomy castle which soon becomes his prison. Thus begins the surreal story bordering somewhere between dream and reality...
▪ THE GAME WORLD: 3 realms, differing in architecture and creatures inhabiting them. You'll meet characters with unique personalities who will help you - or try to prevent you from - reaching your goal.
▪ ART: 75 hand-painted stages. The game also features over a hundred additional screens as well as dozens of paintings created by the mad painter residing in the cathedral
▪ PUZZLES: During your journey you will come against 24 varied logical puzzles and minigames.
▪ STORY: A dark adventure between dream and reality.
▪ MUSIC: Exceptional soundtrack with over 40 tracks.
▪ Moral choices which will affect the game's ending.
▪ 4-6 hours gameplay.
▪ Languages: English, German, French, Spanish, Polish, Russian. Italian, Portuguese, Portuguese-Brazil, Hungarian, Czech, Turkish
▶ Like us: facebook.com/OhNooStudio
▶ Twitter: @OhNooStudio
▶ Email us: email@example.com
▶ Learn more about OhNoo games at www.OhNoo.com
- Bug Fixes
- Support for iOS 11
Ratings and Reviews
A truly mesmerising game!
I haven't finished playing yet, but I really don't want this game to end! The art is absolutely stunning, like 'H.R Geiger' meets 'Hellraiser'. The landscapes, settings and characters are beautifully designed, the puzzles are challenging and varied (similar to 'The Room') and the story keeps you guessing. I love the moral choices and how things are never as they seem. To the developers - PLEASE make more games like this, it has been by far one of the best iPad games I've ever played. I will be recommending this game to everyone ❤️
A proper horror game
This is the style of game and story I love, not the watered down “haunted house” kids game. I loved every minute and wish more was out there, I love sanitorium too. As previous reviewer mentioned it had a real old school hellraiser vibe. Reminded me of my teenage years spent in a creepy old video rental shop hoping I wouldn’t get turned away with my bundle of 18 rated horror films in my hand..... ( I was 13 with pigtails).
A bit on the gloomy side.
I wouldn’t play this if you are feeling a bit down. It’s a horrible nightmare world of death and decay where everything is miserable. Gave me nightmares. Seriously. Puzzles are pretty straightforward, which is fine by me. It has alternative story lines and endings, which depend on your choices, which had me playing it through 3 times to see if I could get the ending I wanted.
While I was playing I didn’t think it was that great, but the ending did grip me so 4*s.
- OhNoo Studio
- 372 MB
Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Czech, French, German, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © 2017 OhNoo Studio
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.