Total Chess Ending course composed by GM Alexander Panchenko. It's aim is to teach a student the intricacies of the endgame through a theoretical section, which includes over 600 games/lectures, each of them illustrating theoretical and practical endgame methods, and training section, with more than 2400 endgame exercises, classified according to 500 endgame themes. The material written by IM ICCF Alexander Alpert.
This course is in the series Chess King Learn, which is an unprecedented chess teaching method. In the series are included courses in tactics, strategy, openings, middle game, and endgame, split by levels from beginners to experienced players, and even professional players.
With the help of this course, you can improve your chess knowledge, learn new tactical tricks and combinations, and consolidate the acquired knowledge into practice.
The program acts as a coach who gives tasks to solve and helps to solve them if you get stuck. It will give you hints, explanations and show you even striking refutation of the mistakes you might make.
The program also contains a theoretical section, which explains the methods of the game in a certain stage of the game, based on actual examples. The theory is presented in an interactive way, which means you can not only read the text of the lessons, but also to make moves on the board and work out unclear moves on the board.
Advantages of the program:
• High quality examples, all double-checked for correctness
• You need to enter all key moves, required by the teacher
• Different levels of complexity of the tasks
• Various goals, which need to be reached in the problems
• The program gives hint if an error is made
• For typical mistaken moves, the refutation is shown
• You can play out any position of the tasks against the computer
• Interactive theoretical lessons
• Structured table of contents
• The program monitors the change in the rating (ELO) of the player during the learning process
• Test mode with flexible settings
• Possibility to bookmark favorite exercises
• The application is adapted to the bigger screen of a tablet
• The application does not require an internet connection
The course includes a free part, in which you can test the program. Lessons offered in the free version is fully functional. They allow you to test the application in real world conditions before releasing the following topics:
1. Pawn endings
1.1. King and pawn against king
1.2. King and two pawns against king
1.3. Pawn against pawn
1.4. Two pawns against one
1.5. Two pawns against two
1.6. Three pawns against two or three pawns
1.7. Endings with several pawns (material advantage)
1.8. Endings with several pawns (positional advantage)
1.9. Transition to the pawn endgame
2. Rook endings
2.1. Rook against pawn
2.2. Rook against two pawns
2.3. Rook against three or more pawns
2.4. Rook and pawns against pawns
2.5. Rook and pawn against rook
2.6. Rook and two pawns against rook
2.7. Rook and three pawns against rook
2.8. Rook and pawn against rook and pawn
2.9. Rook and two pawns against rook and pawn
2.10. Rook and two pawns against rook and two pawns
2.11. Endings with several pawns (material advantage)
3. Bishop endings
4. Knight endings
5. Rook against bishop endings
6. Bishop against knight endings
7. Rook against knight endings
8. Queen against pawns
9. Queen endings
10. Queen against rook endings
11. Queen against knight endings
12. Queen against bishop endings
13. Pawn endings
14. Knight endings
15. Bishops of opposite color
16. Opposite colored bishops with rooks or queens on the board
17. Bishops of the same color
18. Bishop against knight
19. Bishop pair in the endgame
20. Extra exchange
21. Rook against pawns
22. Rook endings
23. Endings with four rooks
24. Queen endings
25. Queen against two rooks
26. Multi-piece endings
• App is updated for iPhone X
• New home screen
• Renaming of account
• Various fixes and improvements
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Good material - the app itself is buggy
This is good material. I like it. However there are problems which are really annoying.
The app allows you to test your knowledge according to all, new or erroneous. The problem is that some exercises are tagged as erroneous even when done correctly so that the erroneous list grows and grows.
This is a waste of training time and there is no way to shift these exercises.
This is really annoying. Were this not the case it would be a cert 5 stars. The ability to synchronise progress cross device is a really good feature.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- CHESSQUEEN INC
- 46.9 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 8.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with the Apple M1 chip.
English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Spanish, Turkish
- Age Rating
- © 2018 Chess King
- In-App Purchases
- Full course £7.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.