Develop your tiny village to a grand medieval empire with a thriving economy and happy villagers! Find spots for mining ore, harvest the crops of your farms and collect coins as taxes from your folk. Build jousting fields, taverns, marketplaces and beautify your city with impressive statues, magnificent monuments, and lush gardens. But there are also dangers lurking close by. Bandits are in the area, looking to plunder and pillage your peaceful town. Build barracks, guard towers and recruit brave soldiers to protect your citizens from harm. You rule the whole empire from your castle and make sure your inhabitants have fun and stay happy!
- FREE TO PLAY
- City-building gameplay set in medieval times
- Cute inhabitants with their own daily routines
- Complex economy sim and deep production chains
- Dozens of different town and production buildings
- Optional military feature with soldiers and bandits
- Meaningful seasons and weather effects
- Devastating disasters like fire, disease, drought and many more
- Diverse scenarios and challenging tasks
- Unrestricted sandbox gameplay mode
- Game Center support
You can play ‘TOWNSMEN’ entirely for FREE, though various items are available via in-app purchase. If you don’t want to use in-app purchases, please deactivate them in your device settings.
Fixed problem that latest iOS devices were using low resolution graphics accidentally
Ratings and Reviews
Very cute, very rewarding game; would 100% recommend. However, I've a few improvements for the developers:
- More sandbox settings e.g. Unlimited coin, all buildings unlocked...
- Some sort of building locator as I always struggle to locate my mines in particular.
- A setting to make buildings invisible so I can see what's behind them? (Especially large townhouses)
- Would be nice to be able to rotate buildings.
- A button to make all my dirt roads into cobble, it is exhausting doing this by hand.
- More decorations, e.g. More statues, or plant pots?
- The build button (the hammer) is sometimes off screen, e.g. When building very close to edge of land.
- The "townie cannot reach destination" thing is annoying. Especially when the townie is trying to get to a decoration that's surrounded by other deco. E.g. A nice fountain cannot be surrounded by flowers or they'll complain:/
- The trade guild can only be built once.
- More buildings? E.g. Nicer looking large townhouses and cathedrals?
- Finally, I know it's not a modern day setting, but it's a little sexist. The women stay home and go shopping, whilst the men work. There are also no people of colour. I just think representation is important.
Would appreciate you taking a read, I love this game and only want to see it do well. My review may be subject to updates as the game changes. Thanks :)
A must try
Brilliant game, that's it; the whole concept is brilliant for those who enjoy this type of game. I've been playing it for the past 2 years, on&off.
Playable Offline, does not force you to do anything, you don't get blocked by tasks to build you town, interesting scenarios, brilliant time lapse... I mean for a free game..., what else can you ask?
Well, to start getting rid of the townie that can never reach is destination unless he's told to swim. Different building options within the same build up chain like; a community centre working in the same chains as the tavern, rotating buildings and ability make them invisible would be nice. What about a sand box creator? Overall development milestones with a change of architecture and new technologies/building chains... Perhaps some different cultures and environments would spice the game up, it does look a little white world, but without compromising its simplicity... Tough task maybe?
I'll tell you an easy one... Ads in the middle of game play? Low blow ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️➖1️⃣
Anyway, I'll keep on playing... Offline, after all, still brilliant game!
I stopped playing a while ago, no particular reason, and recently started again, I like the additional buildings and decorations.
I’ve always liked this game best of my town building games, my only gripe with it is there is still no option to move objects once they are placed or to turn them around, which is very frustrating.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- www.handy-games.com GmbH
- 135.7 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 8.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
English, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2012 - 2020 www.handy-games.com GmbH
- In-App Purchases
- Remove Ads £2.99
- Small Prestige Pack £1.99
- Unlimited Fast-forward! £3.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.