TOXBASE® is the clinical toxicology database of the UK National Poisons Information Service, providing advice on the features and management of poisoning. Monographs are designed to be used by healthcare professionals involved in the management of poisoned patients.
There are two levels of access:
1. Free - for those who work within the NHS, PHE & MoD in the UK access is provided to the full NHS TOXBASE database.
2. Paid - for all others the annual subscription cost is £6.99 via in-app purchase. Access is provided to over 1000 of the top TOXBASE poisons, antidote and pregnancy monographs.
Key application features
Clinical staff are rapidly presented with key clinical information, including advice on potentially hazardous doses and appropriate management:
* regular updates to ensure users always have the latest guidance
* UK Teratology Information Service advice on the toxicity of drugs and chemicals in pregnancy
* users can use built-in forms to provide feedback to NPIS on serious cases
* no internet connection is required to search the database (although internet connection may be required to access all information on some entries)
How the app works
All users will download the app and then complete a short registration form. Users will then receive an activation email. Once the account is activated users can log in to the app using the username and password chosen during registration.
NHS, PHE & MoD users must register using their NHS/PHE/MoD email to obtain free access to the full TOXBASE database. In order to continue free subscription re-validation via NHS/PHE/MoD email is required annually. Users are automatically sent an e-mail reminder.
All other users may purchase an annual subscription (£6.99). Users are initially presented with a free sample version of the app designed to help them decide whether to subscribe via in-app purchase.
The information on the TOXBASE App is designed for healthcare professionals and requires expert clinical interpretation. Users are strongly advised to always discuss cases with their local experts in poisons management and not solely rely on the App to make medical decisions.
This release includes new features, bug fixes and improved reliability.
- Improved alerting facility.
- Improved password resetting.
As always, we are here to help! If you have come across a problem, want to provide feedback or require support you can get in touch with us by email email@example.com.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Still broken - need to re-install
As a community based clinician who personally paid for this, I was very disappointed with the latest version crashing. It has also caused delays in me accessing information.
However after contacting the support team, a quick delete/reload of the app seems to have solved the issue. Not ideal, but at least it works :-)
Registered as GP user, info easy to find and relevant.
No poisons listed
Just paid to renew and also updated app now No Poisons listed , crashes after log in. Needs urgent attention !
Developer Response ,
A new version has been released which should fix this. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance
- D4t4 Solutions Plc
- 84.9 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Frequent/Intense Medical/Treatment Information
- TOXBASE® © Crown copyright 1983-2020
- In-App Purchases
- 1 year subscription £6.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.