The TPExpress mobile app is your ultimate companion for train travel across Britain.
Find the best TransPennine Express fares and buy train tickets to any destination in Britain - with no booking or card fees:
* save over 50% on TransPennine Express fares when you buy in advance
* get live information before you reach the station - including platform numbers
* collect Nectar points on all journeys
Get started with Exstream, TransPennine Express On-board Entertainment:
1. Download the latest TPE app at home
2. Connect to "TPE Wi-Fi" on-board our trains
3. Open the TPE app and select TV
4. Log in and accept our T&Cs
5. The Exstream page will appear, simply tap to continue, sit back, relax and start viewing
Follow us on Twitter @tpexpresstrains or like us on Facebook - facebook.com/TPExpressTrains for alerts about the latest version and new features.
Ratings and Reviews
Does not adjust for the time zone!!
We downloaded this app so we could book our return journey from Manchester Airport to our home town, I carefully selected the date and time for our journey, had my wife check the details were correct and purchased the tickets. We were in Orlando at the time (5 hours time difference) sat in the airport waiting for our flight (making sure the flight left on time). The time we knew we booked the tickets for was 09:47 hours from the airport train station, when we collected the tickets the next morning (7.5 hour flight) the time on the tickets we collected was 14:47 hours, a difference of 5 hours!!!
Please be careful when purchasing tickets in a different time zone.
Should be much better
Just imagine, you’re a bit late for your train, you haven’t time to queue for 10 minutes at a ticket counter or join the ticket machine queue, you should be able to quickly turn to your app to buy a ticket for the next train. Not too difficult to go through the process of using the app to select a journey, although having to scroll through all the already departed trains, then select a return journey. Now just pay and go? But no, your time is wasted as there is a complete blank of no ticket delivery option for a train soon to depart or an option of only being able to pick up tickets from the ticket machine. Until m-ticketing is available for all TransPennine Express journeys the app is of limited use only when you have time to spare.
Not bad but some improvements needed
So positives - it’s pretty straightforward to use and gets the job done.
Issues; I have three:
1) you can’t book e-ticket cycle reservations via it for TPE which seems farcical given it’s their trains and their app
2) delays aren’t shown clearly when looking at available trains - if they could show any delay on this Home Screen it’d be useful. As it is I have to use the National Rail Enquiries app in tandem
3) seems to have become more sluggish - now it can take a few moments for a purchase to process. Using a pretty new and powerful phone so don’t think that’s the issue. Can make it frustrating when short of time
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- Search History
- Usage Data
- Other Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- First/Keolis TransPennine Limited
- 106.3 MB
- Requires iOS 11.2 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.2 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.2 or later.
- Age Rating
- © Transpennine Express Marketing
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.