TP-Link tpPLC app lets you conveniently view and manage your TP-Link powerline devices via your smart device.
Simply connect your smart device to the Wi-Fi network of a compatible TP-Link powerline extender and start managing with ease. It will list all the compatible powerline adapters and powerline extenders in your current network, and allow you to manage your powerline devices individually as well as the whole powerline network with a few taps.
• Display information of all compatible powerline devices in the current network.
• Manage a powerline device such as changing its device name, turning on or off its LEDs, viewing its data rate, resetting to factory defaults, and removing it from the current network. For a powerline extender, you can also change and schedule its Wi-Fi settings, and redirect to the web management interface.
• Manage the whole powerline network such as adding a new powerline device, setting a new powerline network name, and turning on or off the LEDs on all the powerline devices in the network.
To use this app, you need to be connected to the Wi-Fi network of a powerline extender below (listed hardware versions and above):
More coming soon…
- Added support for creating a password at first login
- Fixed some bugs
Ratings and Reviews
Well I’ve set switches and hubs up for years at work, no expert but plenty of experience with networks. Spent a day setting 5 of these up, 2 with WiFi to extend the house range. After sorting the sync order, all worked great. The day after everything stopped working and couldn’t see any devices. Re set the whole lot again and everything’s great. Today, I unplugged the lead item that plugs Into the WiFi hub, this has happened twice since btw - and plugged it back in again (tidying cables) and now nothing - no tp showing in the app. I’ll probably have to re set it all again. Awful awful experience - get it sorted tp!!
Support is shocking - adaptor stopped working
Inept and rude support team. Adaptors stopped working, the support team said immediately ‘you just need to reset’ without knowing any details and after I’ve spent 5 hours trying to get it to work again- imagine! Really? A reset? I didn’t think of that one!!! Then I had to repeat my contact details 3 times for a call back - which never happened. Bad product, bad attitude.
Works for me
The kit worked out of the box but wouldn’t auto sync password settings. Once I had downloaded the manual from tp-link’s website the app was easy to use and I changed the SSID and password to my existing ones in a couple of minutes.
- TP-Link Technologies Co., Ltd.
- 10.3 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Copyright © 2013-2018 TP-LINK Technologies Co., Ltd. All rights reserved
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.