Record all your outdoor activities be it hiking, jogging, cycling, or canoeing, and observe real-time statistics on your Apple Watch.
Trails records and displays your geo coordinates along with comprehensive statistics including duration, distance, altitude, ascent/descent, speed, pace, step count (iPhone 5S and newer), and many more. Capture photos, mark waypoints and create segments along your path to complete your recording. No login required, no automatic uploads or data sharing, no ads!
Import tracks from GPX files, let Trails guide you along imported or self-recorded tracks and see your progress along the way. Topographic maps display elevation lines, ski slopes, lifts, and other relevant landscape information. Get Trails Pro to unlock imports, routing, offline topographic maps, and more.
◉ Your Logbook
• Dashboard: View and filter activity summaries across multiple tracks
• Tags: Organize and filter your tracks
• Track analysis: Compare any two graphable statistics in zoomable, interactive graphs
• Heatmaps: Spot peaks at a glance
• Editing: Split and cut segments, insert waypoints
◉ Apple Watch Support
• Start and stop recordings, see live statistics, track your active energy & heart rate
• Apple Watch Series 2: Record GPS tracks without your phone
◉ Tightly Integrated
• Health & Activity app: Save track summaries to your Health database
• Today Widget: Start/stop recordings & see live statistics
• Siri: Start, stop, and resume recordings
• Spotlight (system search): Find existing tracks, waypoints and photos, or start recording from Spotlight
• 3D Touch on the homescreen: Access your last track or start recording immediately
• Bluetooth accessories: Pair external heart rate monitors and bike computers (cycling speed & cadence)
◉ Privacy-Focussed Sharing
• Wi-Fi sharing: View your tracks on a bigger screen without uploading them to the internet
• Export: Share tracks as GPX files, upload them directly to supported services, or create a weblink via Trails.io (see https://trails.io/s/2xal4g/ for an example)
• No login required, no automatic uploads or data sharing, no ads
◉ Trails Pro Features
• GPX file import via AirDrop, email attachment, weblink, or file provider extension (e.g., iCloud Drive or Dropbox)
• Offline topographic maps in various styles (powered by the OpenStreetMap community)
• Routing: Follow a track or a set of waypoints
• Unlimited recordings: Record as many tracks as your device can store
• Alerts: Audible alerts remind you in configurable intervals and read out one or more statistics
You can try out all other features and keep up to five tracks without Trails Pro. Record more tracks by deleting older recordings.
Trails Pro is available as a 3, 6, or 12 month subscription via in-app purchase. The subscription is non-recurring: It will end automatically after 3, 6, or 12 months respectively. No automatic re-billing, no hidden fees.
If you have any question about Trails, please don't hesitate to ask us! (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Trails supports recording your location in the background. Please understand that continued use of location services can decrease battery life.
- Fixes a bug during imports
Ratings and Reviews
Offline maps work again
The developer finally fixed the offline map download issue. The app is great, definitely my preferred hiking app. It's just a shame that the developers seem to not put a lot of effort into the app any more. But for now, it's usable again...
Love this app
I downloaded this app when I got my Apple watch. It does exactly what I want it to do. Don't have to get my phone out when I'm walking to see how far I've done - just glance at my watch. And then when I'm back home I can see more details on my phone. When I messaged the developers with an issue I had with the measurement units on my watch the replied quickly to say it was being addressed, and then they emailed me again to say the new update had fixed the issue. Couldn't have asked for better service.
Good app. Just one big criticism.
This app is good, it does exactly what it says and works very smoothly and accurate. However i have one criticism and for me it's a big one. In order to use it with the maps offline you have to buy the premium version. The maps that are used do not belong to the developer and the memory i want to store it on my phone with does not also, so WHY would i want to pay for something that should be free and something that already belongs to me, respectively.
Don't get me wrong it's a good app but the above mentioned criticism for me is a huge one which is why i deleted it and am now using another one.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- iosphere GmbH
- 91.9 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
English, French, German, Kölsch, Spanish
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2020 Trails App Services UG
- In-App Purchases
- Trails Pro for one year £4.49
- Trails Pro for 3 months £1.79
- Trails Pro for 6 months £2.49
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.