Travellers love TrainPal because now they can travel further for less.
TrainPal is a money-saving, rail and bus ticketing platform helping travellers to explore Europe by train and bus. TrainPal enables you to compare and book tickets at the best possible prices.
Whether you’re planning to travel within the UK, a summer trip to Spain or Germany, or even planning your holiday to Italy, TrainPal will meet your needs.
Since its launch, TrainPal has been featured in the AppStore, and it was also featured on The Gadget Show on Channel 5.
Wherever you want to go, you can rely on cheaper train and coach tickets.
• Split-ticketing: TrainPal can help travellers save up to 95.25% of the original rail fare in the UK. In addition to the traditional split-ticketing features, TrainPal also offers a flexible split-ticketing option to help travellers save even more.
• Smart Journey Planner: Search, compare & book cheaper train/coach tickets. TrainPal simplifies your booking experience, saving you time and money.
• Travel with Ease - TrainPal helps train travelers travel across European.
• E-tickets – paperless & contactless: TrainPal offers electronic tickets on all routes supporting e-tickets, saving the time and hassle of having to queue to collect train tickets.
• Smarter customer service: Refunding and changing tickets is easy on the TrainPal app. A refund for flexible tickets can be simply submitted and changed for Advance tickets in your TrainPal app, without having to contact customer service.
• Effortless expense receipts: Travellers can apply for expense receipts with a single click on the TrainPal app.
• 24/7 customer support: Our friendly customer service team are always ready to help.
• Secure payment: Customer and bank information is securely held and encrypted to ensure a safe and secure payment experience.
• Fast checkout: No need to register to book tickets, making booking speedy and simple.
• Discounted fares: TrainPal supports all railcards and helps you find the best deal by booking in advance.
• Payments: Book train and coach tickets with Apple Pay, and all major credit and debit cards.
We work with more than 1000 trusted transport partners across Europe including Eurostar, Virgin Trains, Trenitalia, NTV Italo, LNER, GWR, DB, Renfe, and more.
TrainPal launched coach booking services in early November 2019 and we now cover 47 countries and over 200 popular coach operators, such as National Express and Megabus.
New in this release:
• Book tickets now to earn PalPoints, unlock PALLER Premium to enjoy a range of extra benefits including cashback on each booking.
• Big improvement to the Account page, more convenient to manage your vouchers, Railcard and PalWallet.
• We've fixed a few bugs in this release to improve your experience using TrainPal.
If you like what we're doing or have any suggestions for us, please leave us a review. This will help us improve the app and serve you better.
Ratings and Reviews
All good so far
I’ve come to this app as I refuse to use the Trainline anymore due to their appalling customer service and poor, misleading terms and conditions. Some reviewers are moving due to this apps alleged poor customer service, if it is bad then fair doo’s it needs sorting, but The Trainline’s is equally as bad and certainly not something that you want to have to deal with. Certainly don’t move to The Trainline due to this App’s poor CS, you’ll be equally as disappointed. I’d gamble that it’s the same company providing the staff for both companies.
Anyway, the tickets are just as cheap, the option of splitting is a bonus. Only minor point to sort when buying is that it seems to take a long time for the payment to go through. This could improve as sometimes you need to buy a ticket at the last minute and I wouldn’t like to be waiting for the payment to go through.
Student life saver
As a time rich yet money poor student I personally have found Trainpal the easiest, most reliable and secure booking service for my travels across the country. With instant money savers for signing up paired up all of my popular destinations to be saved makes Trainpal a no brainier to use really. Also, with live updates and route planners for my journeys, it allows me to travel to and from my different destinations with 0 stress whatsoever. For an e-commerce booking site with little human interaction the actual service of Trainpal’s model is impeccable. Download it now!!!
Arrogant and misleading
I purchased a ticket this morning and payment stalled. The status of the ticket was payment pending and no barcode or ticket was reduced. When I contacted customer service they told me after 1 hour it would be cancelled if payment was taken. This was no good as the ticket inspector is not prepared to wait for an hour to see what happens! What a farce and a joke.
I strongly feel I was mis-sold vouchers that are essentially useless to me. Nicole in Customer Service could not have been more arrogant and unhelpful in her reply to my complaint. There may we’ll be something hidden away in your terms but if you don’t bring them to my attention before I buy the vouchers it is mis- selling. To refuse to refund me 99p is not only customer service but increasingly naive and short sighted as a business. I doubt the app will be around long with this attitude as there are others apps that offer the same product and most probably have a better attitude to customers
Developer Response ,
We sincerely apologize for falling short of your expectations. Providing the best customer service is always our top priority and we take our customer's feedback seriously. Therefore, may you kindly write to us with your booking details and concerns to firstname.lastname@example.org please? We will certainly investigate and provide you with an appropriate solution or explanation. We hope that the misunderstanding between us could be resolved successfully.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Usage Data
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Financial Info
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Search History
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Shanghai Ctrip International Travel Service Co., Ltd
- 100.7 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
English, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Copyright© 1999-2018, ctrip.com. All right reserved
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.