The world’s #1 pro DJ software brings high-impact DJing to iPad. Touch your tracks and create stunning mixes in seconds.
"Incredibly well designed and packed with great features." (WIRED)
"It's wonderfully tactile and a lot of fun." (The Guardian)
"Traktor DJ brings real DJ tools to the masses." (The Verge)
"They worked on every little detail to get the app just right." (Loop Insight)
///ABOUT TRAKTOR DJ
- Revolutionary DJ app by Native Instruments – makers of the leading pro DJ software
- Touch the groove using familiar iOS swipe and pinch gestures
- Familiar DJ mixer layout with crossfader, 3-band EQ, and filter on each channel
- Direct access to your iTunes music library from TRAKTOR DJ
- Stylish waveform display allows for simple looping and ultra-tight scratching
- Intelligent browser recommends songs based on compatible tempo and key
- Automatic tempo and key detection plus BPM sync for super-smooth mixing
- Notification Center gives you in-app access to tips and undiscovered techniques
- 8 built-in pro DJ effects including Reverb, Delay, and dramatic glitch effects like BeatMasher
- Audiobus integration allows two-way control of TRAKTOR DJ with other compatible apps
- Inter-app audio support allows TRAKTOR DJ to stream audio to other apps for further processing
- Plug-and-play integration with hardware controllers TRAKTOR KONTROL Z1, TRAKTOR KONTROL S2 and S4
- External mixer mode for sending individual deck outputs to separate mixer channels (if used with TRAKTOR hardware or splitter cable)
- Enhanced time-stretching, powered by élastique efficient V2 engine by zplane.development
- Flux mode – remix your tracks live, then drop back in at exactly the right moment
- Record your mixes live in high-quality on the iPad and share with your friends
Please note: The Metadata sync feature has been removed from TRAKTOR PRO 2. It’s still possible though, to sync metadata between two instances of TRAKTOR DJ.
///HARDWARE AND SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
Minimum requirements are iPad mini, iPad 2, iPad (3rd generation) or higher, and iOS 7.0 or higher. iPad 4 recommended.
///VIDEOS AND MORE
Watch the TRAKTOR DJ intro video:
Check out the TRAKTOR DJ Knowledge Base for support information:
///ELEVATE YOUR MIX
Want to get physical with TRAKTOR DJ? Check out the 2-channel mixer, controller, and soundcard TRAKTOR KONTROL Z1:
Want total physical control for TRAKTOR DJ? Try TRAKTOR KONTROL S2 or S4. These pro-grade, all-in-one DJ systems combine with TRAKTOR DJ to unlock additional features like Beatjumps, chained effects, and Classic DJ mode with jog-wheel tempo bending (sync and keylock off).
This app has been updated by Apple to use the latest Apple signing certificate.
- Dropbox Sync has been replaced with iCloud Drive. Traktor DJ will use iCloud Drive to back-up the BeatGrids, HotCues, BPM and Key data of your tracks for safe-keeping. If you are using more than one iPad, iCloud Drive will keep the data in sync across your devices.
- We have addressed a bug that incorrectly displayed the number of tracks in your collection.
Ratings and Reviews
I bought this app a few years ago to mess about with, quite simple to use and user friendly, plus carrying my iPad is a lot easier than carrying my Mac. Downside (well that I don't like) unlike the full Mac/Laptop version where you can use various controllers this app only allows use of Traktors own controllers, Z1, S2, S4 etc and even for the Z1 which is the most basic of mixer/controllers its nearly £200 ($260) compared to say the basic Hercules controller that you can even pick up on eBay for as little as £30 ($40) pre owned. Apart from that it's a neat little app for budding DJ's or even master DJ's on the go for compiling set lists.
Probably the best mixer out there
This review can stay as simple as that. This really is great. Especially when connected to one of their controllers. The S4 Mk2 opens up some amazing functionality.
I do believe there’s some sort of bug though, after mixing for a while, tracks seem to skip & the music browser opens on its own.
Still, with new controllers coming which seemingly are build for iOS (you’ll notice the iOS USB port on the rear of them), there must be a large update due for this so we’ll see how things look in the coming months.
Fun, simple and effective
If you already know how to mix, this is the app for you, tried and tested on many sound systems with the z1 controller. You can get creative with your mix's, it looks really cool, running on a 6th gen ipad, i never have any issues. Very fast and efficient, excellent loading speed from library to deck. Easy to sync.
The developer, NATIVE INSTRUMENTS GmbH, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Native Instruments GmbH
- 85 MB
- Requires iPadOS 8.2 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with the Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2014 Native Instruments GmbH
- In-App Purchases
- SuperSlicer £1.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.